X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny Curry released

Just read it on BGN’s twitter page.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Sorry but I hope this move is only to find a way to redo his contract--- I don't want our D Line tampered with too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Sorry but I hope this move is only to find a way to redo his contract--- I don't want our D Line tampered with too much.
      I want my Vinny back!!!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

ESPN reported that he will be releasd because the two sides couldn’t come to terms on restructuring his contract. I hate this but it is what it is. We went all in to win it and it paid off, but now we have to make some tough decisions.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          ESPN reported that he will be releasd because the two sides couldn’t come to terms on restructuring his contract. I hate this but it is what it is. We went all in to win it and it paid off, but now we have to make some tough decisions.
          I'd say that we are probably negotiating against another team if this is going on. You know that the Eagles were laying a big bonus out there for Vinny. I guess that his dream to play with them is like everybody else's-dreaming $$$.

Comment

The cost of winning the SUPERBOWL

I’m ok with it

Comment

Suspect he is gone. I get that Vinny is not “good value”, but to me timing is everything - he didn’t hold a gun to anyone’s head when he signed his deal, and if we have cap room then so be it. If we don’t, well ...I am getting my SuperBowl autographed helmet any day now.
              Last edited by flyered; 03-16-2018, 07:53 PM.
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

My guess is that his agent would lose out if he signed with Philly.

Comment

Don’t know about agent losing out - it would be a new contract. That said, would he count as a FA and hurt our comp picks status (not only when compared to Vinny leaving but also to Vinny doing a restructure).

Comment

I think the development of Barnett influenced his not being brought back- but it's tough to see a kid who grew up as an Eagles fan then finally win a Superbowl for the Eagles move on, but if you're going to go out in style- thats the way to do it. Price tag would've been a little too much.

Comment

It’s unfortunate but he never lived up to his contract. I now have the Eagles 12 million under the cap. Plenty to draft and to add some vet bargains like they did last year.

Losing Vinny is tough but Bennett even though he is a little older is a better player
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

So now it’s
                        Vinny out, Bennett in
                        Beau out, Ngata in
                        Robinson out, Worley in
                        Burton and Celek out
                        Torrey out
                        Kendricks likely out, Nelson in
                        Donnie Longball out

I would keep Kendricks. He is not a star, but a good player at a position of need and we can afford his cap hit. I am sure we’ll plug holes at WR and TE, but hope Howie’s strategy of renting older players keeps working. Kinda risky.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                          So now it’s
                          Vinny out, Bennett in
                          Beau out, Ngata in
                          Robinson out, Worley in
                          Burton and Celek out
                          Torrey out
                          Kendricks likely out, Nelson in
                          Donnie Longball out

I would keep Kendricks. He is not a star, but a good player at a position of need and we can afford his cap hit. I am sure we’ll plug holes at WR and TE, but hope Howie’s strategy of renting older players keeps working. Kinda risky.
                          I don't see how that we can release Kendricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I don't see how that we can release Kendricks.
                            I don’t know why we would release him. He played great for us.

Comment

I agree with keeping Kendricks, but Bradham’s interview concerns me - he kept referring to his and Hicks’s being together for a long time. No mention of MK.

Comment

Working...
                              X