Clear All

What is this Hockey you speak of?
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

My general rule for the hockey playoffs - if I don't already have a rooting interest, I cheer for the team that's farther north. I've always been irritated by these sun belt hockey teams...
      The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

I would like to see Brind'Amour win a cup, but a Canadian team winning would be good too. Another way of saying I don't care, really, and may watch less than one minute of action.

Comment

Hockey will never be popular here bc you can't just pick up a ball and play. It takes a lot of time and money to get started.

That being said, it's a great sport, and nothing beats seeing a game live. IMO there is the biggest difference btw watching on TV and in person of any sport.

TV ratings are terrible, and the only way that will change in the US is a Kings-Rangers final.

Comment

Hockey - I can't say I'm a big fan. I'm a Flyers fan not a hockey fan. When the Flyers are done, so am I with the sport.

It's great in person - perhaps the best sport to watch from the seats.

Comment

I'm with you steve - when the Flyers are out of it, my interest is gone. Will I think you're wrong about hockey not being popular because of the cost to play it. I grew up playing street hockey (was a pretty damned good goalie!) and we played all the time. I think the problem with hockey is that the puck is hard to follow on TV an the rules are pretty odd and non-intuitive at times.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Never understood how the puck is so hard to follow. It's black on a white surface, and it's the thing that everyone is chasing.

Good point about street hockey, but ice hockey is really hard to get involved in, and costs a sh!t load when you factor in all the equipment & ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                  I'm with you steve - when the Flyers are out of it, my interest is gone. Will I think you're wrong about hockey not being popular because of the cost to play it. I grew up playing street hockey (was a pretty damned good goalie!) and we played all the time. I think the problem with hockey is that the puck is hard to follow on TV an the rules are pretty odd and non-intuitive at times.
                  Good points. I use to see a game every year, but when I was told it was going to cost over $250 per ticket, I decided to can that tradition. Still love those games in person. I also love the Flyers in the playoff, and stop watching when they blow it. I also agree about hockey costing too much. I started out borrowing the rich Cherry Hill kids' sticks and then patching broken sticks up. There was no way I could afford the goalie equipment. Fortunately, one of my neighbors knew a bunch of Flyers, so his kids got into hockey. The only way they could play was to have enough equipment for two goalies. I got to use their goalie equipment all the time. They called me the sleeper, because I didn't move much on breakaways. I just robbed the shooter. God I miss those days......even had Ross Longsberry shoot a couple on me. Kick save Pedro!!!!!!
                  Pedro

Comment

Working...
                  X