Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahh Hyperbole...Jamaal Jackson's ENORMOUS POTENTIAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh Hyperbole...Jamaal Jackson's ENORMOUS POTENTIAL!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=49684

* LOL. Spadaro oversells guys like I've never seen...

"Jackson used the second half of last season to show the world that he has enormous ability and potential."

* So enormous in fact that the Eagles offered LeCharles Bentley a 30 year deal in the offseason...
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Well, potential is legit. I think we can agree on that. And I think they like what they see there. Who's to say what position Bentley was being looked at for anyway? Might not have even bee Center. I'm just glad we have an alternate option to another year of Honeybuns.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Re: Ahh Hyperbole...Jamaal Jackson's ENORMOUS POTENTIAL!

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
      * So enormous in fact that the Eagles offered LeCharles Bentley a 30 year deal in the offseason...
      ROFLMFAO!!

That's freakin hilarious.

But hey, if the guy steps up, beats out honeybuns, and can just be a serviceable center, we'll be O.K. there. He's surrounded by some good players on that line.

Comment

It should be a nice little battle. They are both decent players and I'd like to see Jackson emerge. My money is still on Fraley though.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Agreed. He's a decent player. Hopefully Herremans/Jean Jaque Costeau and Andrews can sorround whomever wins and make it a non issue.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

With all the talent/beef competing for starting spots in the OL, training camp with have some very interesting battles. Lets just hope that the starters that emerge will be based on merit and not the result of either key injuries or a misguided emphasis on experience, as Honeybun's has had ample experience getting his ass shoved all over the field.

Comment

Re: Ahh Hyperbole...Jamaal Jackson's ENORMOUS POTENTIAL!

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
              http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=49684

* LOL. Spadaro oversells guys like I've never seen...

"Jackson used the second half of last season to show the world that he has enormous ability and potential."

That seems a little harsh. Bentley was, arguably, the best FA on the market this year. Jackson was coming off HALF of a season of starting and 2 years of injuries. I don't think persuing Bentley was as much a knock on Jackson as it was a testiment to Bentley's tremendous ability.

Comment

I tend to agree with Chris, in that Bentley was the the cream of the crop, (and multi positional) and not a demeaning factor towards Jackson.

Comment

The one thing about the way Spadaro words this is I know believe that Jackson has an even up chance to beat Fraley out for the starting job. In the back of my mind I've been wondering if Jackson would really be given a true shot to win the job, or if it would have been more of a situation where if Fraley could show that he was 100%, more likely than not he would be given his job back.

Competition is good. But I agree with BP's sentiment. Jackson's got potential...but when you start tossing words like 'enormous' around for someone like him, I think you're stretching the premise. That wording suggests to me he has the chance to be a pro-bowler and one of the top players at his position in the league. Don't know if Jackson really projects like that.

Comment

I have no problem with the adjectives being thrown around--- considering the source and the signature on the paycheck of that source and the job description of the person writing it.

I think we are all savvy enough to give the appropriate weight to where and how a message is being written.

Comment

Jackson is one big strong mutha at C. He is also new to the position I believe, picking it up here in between PS and IR stints. Sure he made some noobie/rookie mistakes in his 8 games last year. But verdammt nochmal, the kid can flat out maul people when he's run blocking.It was exciting to see he, Clarke and Herremans remind us of what its like to take it to the D. Going after the best C in the NFL was in no way a knock on Jackson. Its common sense. It is quite possible given The Eagles switch of Herremans to G and the drafting of Mad Max that Bentley might really have been intended for LG. I am much happier with the way the FA/draft possibilities worked out. Count me in the Jackson camp. We can talk later about his Young backup.

Comment

One thing that struck me during that horrid second half of the season was that Jackson seemed to be one of the few players on the field who was playing well on a horrible team. Does he have the ability to be a pro-bowler some day? That's probably asking a lot of any guy in his situation. But he did look better than Fraley to me. Maybe that's not saying much, but it at least says that he should be adequate at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                          One thing that struck me during that horrid second half of the season was that Jackson seemed to be one of the few players on the field who was playing well on a horrible team. Does he have the ability to be a pro-bowler some day? That's probably asking a lot of any guy in his situation. But he did look better than Fraley to me. Maybe that's not saying much, but it at least says that he should be adequate at a minimum.
                          Its a fair approach to take. Jackson has some serious potential, he is big strong and mean. He did great....for a rookie. Give him the attention in camp, the reps and the experience in pre-season and he could easily become an above average positive for our revamped OLine.

Comment

Working...
                          X