Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 01-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #491
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Watched parts of the Grammy's last night. With far too few exceptions, it was some sad shit.

I'm left with this prayer..."God, you've seen fit to take Lou Reed and George Jones, two of my favorites, in the last year or so. After watching them embarrass themselves last night, would you maybe think about making a place at your table for Steven Tyler. I don't know what's more painful...listening to him or looking at him.

Undoctored photo of Tyler

Oh, and don't take Willie Nelson but please tell him not to perform in public anymore anymore unless it's in front of a crowd that's smoked as much hemp before the show out as he has".

And will someone please tell Beyonce she can stop now... after both the Super Bowl Halftime Show and tonight's talent deprived vulgar display, she's wrapped of the 'Classless Skank' award for 2 years in a row.

Last edited by tinopuno; 01-26-2014 at 11:59 PM..
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #492
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters is on a distinguished road

Daft Punk...wtf is that!

Somewhere Roger Miller is smoking a cig he just rolled and is asking the same thing.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #493
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post

Nothin, just wanted to see those boobs again.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #494
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #495
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
Watched parts of the Grammy's last night. With far too few exceptions, it was some sad shit.

I'm left with this prayer..."God, you've seen fit to take Lou Reed and George Jones, two of my favorites, in the last year or so. After watching them embarrass themselves last night, would you maybe think about making a place at your table for Steven Tyler. I don't know what's more painful...listening to him or looking at him.

Undoctored photo of Tyler

Oh, and don't take Willie Nelson but please tell him not to perform in public anymore anymore unless it's in front of a crowd that's smoked as much hemp before the show out as he has".

And will someone please tell Beyonce she can stop now... after both the Super Bowl Halftime Show and tonight's talent deprived vulgar display, she's wrapped of the 'Classless Skank' award for 2 years in a row.
should start a damn near death all-star band

....or a rock n roll horror film
Old 01-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #496
Jukin 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Jukin is on a distinguished road

I've had enough of this winter snow bullshit....

http://66.175.76.125/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=7556

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey
Jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #497
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukin View Post
I've had enough of this winter snow bullshit....

http://66.175.76.125/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=7556
Headin out on a 10 day cruise on the 18th, don't think it will be anywhere near freezing on St. Thomas or St. Marteen.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #498
Jukin 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Jukin is on a distinguished road

One of my Fraternity Brothers died suddenly yesterday leaving behind a wonderful wife (who was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few years ago) and 3 children. I'll have a heavy heart for a long time. Lee and Carla are two of the most wonderful people you are ever likely to meet. They have had more than their share of bad luck and awful news and through it all their strength and faith in God never wavered. Facing her second battle with cancer (the first was colon cancer, this time it's pancreatic cancer) Carla is a never ending face of happiness and joy in everything she does. When the Doctor told her that she would be lucky to make it another 5 years, her response was, "You're telling me! Have you seen the way I drive?!?!" Lee was equally joyous even though he knew their lives would be centered around medical exams and treatment cycles.

He was from Charlotte and became a Redskins fan at a young age - because at the time it was Washington or Atlanta as the nearest team. He stayed loyal to the Skins through thick and thin even after Charlotte got their own team and Lee and Carla moved to Tennessee.

His birthday was last Monday and as luck would have it he came to Philly for a few days. We tried to get together for a beer but it didn't happen. He got the flu on Tuesday and his flight was canceled since it passed through Atlanta following that snow storm. He managed to get a flight to Raleigh but was too sick to rent a car for the drive to Bristol. Carla spoke to him Wednesday night and said he sounded pitiful. The hotel staff found Lee dead in his room yesterday afternoon.

If I've learned anything from Lee and Carla over the years, it's to take a moment to appreciate the things you have in your life. Forget about focusing on tomorrow or spending too much time reveling in past memories. Your life is truly a series of moments of NOW. Step back from your mind and appreciate this moment. Enjoy the comfort of your family, the laugh of your children the joy of your friends. Thanks for helping me learn that Lee. May your family find comfort in the spirit that you lived in. Rest in peace my friend!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey
Jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #499
chickyoung
2011 Contributor
Starter

chickyoung has disabled reputation

Gosh, thats really sad Juk, I'm sorry to hear. It sure makes you count your blessings......
chickyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #500
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Jukin,

That's really, really sad. We would all do well by living more in the 'now'. Our bother Fresh has set a good example for us all in that respect.

It's not clear...was Lee already ill or physically vulnerable when he contracted the flu or did he succumb to the flu alone that quickly?
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote