No announcement yet.

Westbrook's knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Eagles don't win by at least 2 TDs it is a "moral" loss (as opposed to the "moral victory").
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

This is from the latest Football Injuries site, although depending on how you interpret it, it may sound promising or it may sound discouraging.

* Eagle RB Brian Westbrook (knee) missed practice Wednesday with a sore knee and is questionable for Week Three's game against San Francisco. In an interview Wednesday on Sirius NFL Radio, Westbrook said he is “going to try to do my best to get out there and play” on Sunday. “It’s getting better every day,” Westbrook said. “We’re coming along. Coach (Andy) Reid kept me out today to give me a chance to recuperate a little more, and hopefully it will feel better as the week goes along.”
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

“It’s getting better every day,”

That at least sounds encouraging.

Comment

I'm wondering if Westbrook is going to practice all year. It certainly doesn't seem like he needs to.

Comment

Have we EVER gotten an explanation of what is actually wrong?

I understand it swells,, but why? There must be a medical term for it.

I also agree, he doesn't need the practice, we'll be fine there, as long as he can play on Sundays.

Comment

I'm guessing it's either tendinitis or the inflamation of old scar tissue from when he blew out his knee at 'Nova. But that's just a guess so don't hold me to it.

Comment

SUPPOSEDLY.......the swelling was being attributed to the "orthodotics" he was wearing for his injured foot, but that they changed it and it was better. (Something I questioned heavily at the time) Pretty much shoots that theory.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It might be time to bring back this avatar.....

Comment

No kidding. What the HELL happened with Moats?

Comment

Oh, yeah. There's ANOTHER one that I was WRONG about.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

That's why I asked the question that I did-- will resting him solve the problem?

I'm not a doc, so I want to know is this gonna be an all year thing or can we give him a rest and have it heal.

Don't give up on Moats just yet..... the guy has some talent.... he just needs to put it all together.

I'm kinda hoping that maybe Westy can rest up these next 2 games a bit, and we can see what Moats can do.

Comment

moats is injury insurance, plain and simple. he's there if westy goes down. considering how often westy goes down, they needed another guy with big-play ability in that spot. moats provides that.

i wouldn't expect to see moats unless and until westy goes down. frankly, i hope we don't see moats. so i'm not going to waste my time wondering what's up with him. so there!
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

That's fine Leonard. I, along with Fresh, was wrong about Moats. I thought we'd get some form of meaningful contribution out of him, based on what he did last year. And, by that, I don't mean injury insurance alone. I wanted to see him step up and contribute, and not because Westbrook was suffering from yet another injury.

Comment

EB, not only that, but I was hoeful of Moats not just being an insurance policy, but of seing him in the backfield WITH Westy. That may never happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X