No announcement yet.

Post-Game Autograph from Vick to Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stock, it's bullshit. They're supposed to be professionals and contemporaries. I'd explain why this is so stupid in more detail but I have to run and get my office manager's autograph before she leaves for lunch. If I hurry she might even have time to take a picture with me.... oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Choice tweeted that he was getting the autograph for his 3 year old nephew. Strange to watch, but probably much ado about nothing.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

There is nothing to see here. I remember watching a NBA All Star Game, and even Michael Jordan got Larry Bird's autograph.

Comment

You guys are missing the point. It was a Cowboy that did it, therefore it sucks and is to be mocked and laughed at. It's really that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            You guys are missing the point. It was a Cowboy that did it, therefore it sucks and is to be mocked and laughed at. It's really that simple.

I'll bet Cowgirl fans are really pissed. A while back, Eagles fans were furious over our players doing less than that.

Really, he should've done it after the game or away from cameras, but I don't have a problem with it otherwise. Poor guy had to apologize on his twitter feed.
            Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 12-13-2010, 07:16 PM.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Oh, this is funny. A beat writer for the Dallas Morning News had this on his blog:
              On what is acceptable for players to do after a game: I'm not saying there has to be a post-game rumble, as was the case with Pittsburgh-Cincinnati on Sunday. Just act like it bothers you to lose, even if it does not. At least keep up the appearances.

On if the media is over-reacting to the autograph request:
              If you're happy with players who spend the final minutes of a loss making sure they have a pen in hand to get an autograph from someone who just beat him, I guess he did nothing wrong.
              I really like the "...at least keep up the appearances" line!
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Yeah, to me, it's all about keeping up appearances. You don't play for the owners or your teammates... you play PROFESSIONALLY for the fans. If not for them, football is the equivalent of lawn darts. You have to at least pretend like you give a shit about the fans and their feelings.

If you think it's a sport, then fine. But it's not. It's entertainment. You don't stop in the middle of a play and ask the makeup guy to come out or look into your hand for your lines. It breaks the illusion. And the NFL is all illusion. You can't ask people to be entertained and shell out lots of money but then break down the wall and show them the CGI, so to speak.

Comment

Again, you're making a large unsupported assumption....just because a player gets Vick's autograph after the game is over does NOT necessarily mean they do not care about the fans, the game, their team, their city etc. In reality, any player proves they care by their play during practices, meetings and the game itself. What they do afterwards, whether it be getting an autograph or laughing with friends, has no bearing on that...as Stock said correctly, "its only a game".
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Of course it doesn't mean that at all. But this is an entertainment business. If you want to stay in that business, you cater to the fans. And the fans want to believe the illusion that the players take every win and every loss as deeply as they do.

The masses demand/expect/want to be fooled that the players bleed for them. If you want to be gainfully employed, it's best to please the masses.

This isn't about what is right or wrong. This is about what you can sell. If you don't believe that, you haven't been paying attention to Jerry Jones.. or hell Jeffrey Lurie.

You might be enlightened and stick up for the player but that's not what this business is about. Like I said, it's all an illusion. And you better keep that illusion up if you want to be a millionaire that benefits from a billion dollar entity.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Jose Reyes, Mike Pelfrey and the rest of the Mets lined up to get autographs from Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels and oh yeah that new guy Cliff Lee!!!
                      Last edited by Jukin; 12-14-2010, 07:02 AM.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                      X