Calvin was told to run around in the end-zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin was told to run around in the end-zone

Interesting. Reid said Calvin was actually told to run around to force the Cowboys coverage team to have to continue running all the way down the field...

http://www.gcobb.com/2010/12/13/calv...medium=twitter

In Sunday night’s game against the Dallas Cowboys, Jorrick Calvin caught a kickoff in the end zone with 4:22 left in the game. We all saw him run around in the back, trying to kill time off the clock.

It seemed like a smart play except that the clock doesn’t start on a kickoff until the ball carrier leaves the end zone. So, Calvin came across as not knowing the rules and he looked kind of stupid. Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth were among those that thought he goofed.

However, Andy Reid just said on his weekly radio show on 610 WIP with Howard Eskin that Calvin was actually instructed to run around back there.

“He was told to do it,” Reid said.

Here we are all laughing at Calvin (in an eye-roll sort of way), and that was coached. But, why?

Reid said that the Cowboys are known to pull up a bit on coverage, because David Buehler blasts so many out of the back of the end zone that they just assume it will happen all the time. So, Calvin was told to do it in order to make the Cowboys complete the coverage on the kick.

Now, as to him hitting Alan Ball in the head and getting a 15-yard penalty? Andy said that was, indeed, not part of the plan.

I really don't buy that. I think AR's just looking out for his guys. So they ran 20 yards further than they would have?
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
      I really don't buy that. I think AR's just looking out for his guys. So they ran 20 yards further than they would have?
      Andy Reid would never, ever intentionally mislead journalists! It's against the doctrine of the Mormon faith.

Comment

That was actually my 1st thought when he was running around, that he was trying to make the coverage unit have to run all the way down. I honestly didnt think about the running-the-clock angle until afterward.
        Somehow, though, I dont think he was told to do that.

Comment

I call bullshit.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Whoever replaces Chad Hall next year, needs to also replace Calvin

Comment

It sounds like the same coach that told McNabb that there were more overtimes. I believe Reid because some of these coaches are also dumber than dirt. Why would he cover for Calvin when he's still pissed off at him?
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He lied about Kolb...so why not this?
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  He lied about Kolb...so why not this?
                  I just read what Reid said on PE website. It sounds like something Reid would do Fresh. It also didn't sound too bright. What if he stepped over the goal line? Whoever's idea it was, it was dumb. We all no that Big Red pulls his share of boners.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That's not what Mrs. Reid says.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      That's not what Mrs. Reid says.

Actually aw I think you may be wrong here. The idea of having that fat load on top of her, I have no doubt that she does ask him to pull more himself!
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                      X