Rams: Trying To Do Like Howie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams: Trying To Do Like Howie?

Nothing solid or definitive here at all, but it looks like theyre trying to load up. Hopefully it's in the "Dream Team" fashion, with their own Vince Young and Nnamdi equivalents and not the 2017 SB Championship Eagles....

The New York Daily News reports the Rams are interested in trading for Odell Beckham.

The Daily News also reports the Giants' asking price is a first-round pick "plus." The "plus" would seem to indicate a deal could get done with just one first-rounder. Newsday reported earlier Monday the Giants prefer to keep Beckham to trading him but it's beginning to appear the trade talk isn't purely smoke. Absent a truly landslide haul — which already appears off the table — the Giants will lose any Beckham trade.
    Mar 26 - 4:19 PM

Source: New York Daily News

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9403/odell-beckham

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Rams "appear to be the front-runner" for Ndamukong Suh.
    That appeared to be the case once the Jets bowed out of the sweepstakes, but Rapoport adds the Titans and Saints are still in the running. Suh was cut by the Dolphins two weeks ago.
    Related: Rams

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5593/ndamukong-suh

I'd like to see him go to the AFC. Better yet I'd like to see him go to Costa Rica.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I'd like to see him go to the AFC. Better yet I'd like to see him go to Costa Rica.
      ...or to Houston to confess that it was him, and not Bennett who pushed through the crowd 14 months ago...

Comment

yea I thought early on in FA that the Rams were trying to take another step in the NFC race. Not sure they are much better but I think they are better. That's not to say they will have better results. The 49ers, and Vikes have also done stuff to get better.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

So much for Suh playing for free! Chris Long he is not!
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
            So much for Suh playing for free! Chris Long he is not!
            Lol yeah I saw that too.

He’d only play for the Eagles for free- everyone else has to pay.

$14M for one year.
            Last edited by WCPhan; 03-27-2018, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Rams will be a formidable challenger to our throne.

Comment

Peters, Talib, and Suh. All guys with real baggage of various kinds. Now there is active talk of the Rams bringing in the Diva Asshole from the Giants who says he's not stepping on any practice field without first signing a long term contract. Mara has responded, "No one is untouchable.

When asked if the locker room could "handle all these new guys plus Beckham", the very self confident Sean McVay allowed as how, if someone's talent could better the team, the Rams would make it work.

Be careful what you ask for.

Comment

The Rams will be very good!

Comment

There is only one Howie. What the Rams are doing reminds me of the "Dream Team" scenario. Lots of names, lots of bad dudes like Peters, Suh and Talib. Could work for a season but I think it might not work at all.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Rams are in a cakewalk division including the Seahawks. They also didn’t have any big injuries last year.

OBJ in LA will be awesome for TMZ

Comment

Not sure OBJ is good for a young QB, all things considered.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I hope that he goes there. Let them collect even more assholes for their 12 year old coach and see how that works out.

Comment

It may not work for them (but who really knows if the birds moves are going to pan out) but I would love to see Odell there. I think he may be the pill that poisons the soup
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              It may not work for them (but who really knows if the birds moves are going to pan out) but I would love to see Odell there. I think he may be the pill that poisons the soup

It's already backfiring (See Mike Bennett). I think that Beckham is more than capable of blowing up a team all by himself. Sprinkle in a few more turds you have a recipe for disaster. The Rams are already pushing the envelope as it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X