Phillies Closing in on Deals Including Oswalt/Werth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    * I know Gillies has done nothing and what I just proposed is absurd - but I'm sick of Victorino. Call me a typical Philly fan but he is so pathetic right now.
    Gotcha. On the Oswalt front, dude holds all the cards. I'd want the option picked up too. Hell, I'll play for Ed Wade and take $16MM more guaranteed. He's going to get that option picked up by someone for him to waive his NTC.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
      I dont mind if Happ or Werth is apart of any deal

I would like any deal to include a high-level SS prospect though.

If Werth does go - does anyone believe that Mayberry will be brought up before Brown?
      Could happen,Brown would give them 5 lefties in the order.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Could happen,Brown would give them 5 lefties in the order.
        I don't know how it works, but does anyone think Brown will NOT be brought up at all for fear of starting his ML service clock?

Comment

I don't know how it works, but does anyone think Brown will NOT be brought up at all for fear of starting his ML service clock?
          Nah, the fans would revolt.

Comment

Espn Radio reporting: Roy Oswalt telling teams that for him to waive his no-trade they need to pick up his 2012 option - roughly 16mil or so.

7mil - This season
            16 - 2011
            16 - 2012
            ESPN says this is what's holding things up.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't know if Rueben can make the money work but I would love to see it and see Brown in the bigs. I also think you have to feel the bats are going to come alive and (said as he holds a Philly Phanatic doll) there is still time. The Braves are looking real good but the boys can catch them or the WC if everything goes their way.
              As a side note I wonder how Cole would feel having seen Cliff Lee, Roy H, and now Roy O come in. Gotta be thinking he was the **** 2 years ago and now they bring guys in monthly.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                I don't know if Rueben can make the money work but I would love to see it and see Brown in the bigs. I also think you have to feel the bats are going to come alive and (said as he holds a Philly Phanatic doll) there is still time. The Braves are looking real good but the boys can catch them or the WC if everything goes their way.
                As a side note I wonder how Cole would feel having seen Cliff Lee, Roy H, and now Roy O come in. Gotta be thinking he was the **** 2 years ago and now they bring guys in monthly.

It looks as if you're going to get your wish. With Happ as the centerpiece of the deal, and Werth staying put. (We need his bat going into the home stretch) I'll take that any day. As long as Amaro doesn't completely empty the cupboard I'll be very happy with this trade. They're going for it big time and I like it.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/mlb/100728-astros-await-oswalt's-ok-on-trade-to-phillies
                Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I still can't find what the Phils are giving up in return.

Comment

It sounds like all that's needed is an OK from Oswalt AND we keep Werth.
                    I'm hearing Happ is going to the Astros but not much about anybody else involved. Regardless of the other players Ruben is gearing up for another WS run. Gotta love it! AND gotta love how Brown looked in his debut last night. Keep it rolling boys!
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

is Brown gonna play left when Victorino comes back? I just assumed Werth would be part of a deal for Oswalt.

Comment

I really hope Rubin is able to find a sucker, I mean a trading partner to take Ibanez. Sending him back to Seattle as a DH helps them and I'd honestly unload him for anything I could get as long as the other team agreed to pay half of his salary. That would save us roughly 6 million next season and we could use that money to help resign Werth. We still need to find the coin to resign Jimmy next year but that's next year's drama.
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'm in a state of euphoria and waiting to wake up. It can't be a 3 for 1 deal like proposed with Happ as the centerpiece and we get Oswalt plus a lot of $ coming back. It just can't be that good.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            I'm in a state of euphoria and waiting to wake up. It can't be a 3 for 1 deal like proposed with Happ as the centerpiece and we get Oswalt plus a lot of $ coming back. It just can't be that good.
                            The more money coming back, the better the prospects going out. If not much money is coming back from Houston, I'm hoping it's a Happ-Worley-Rizzotti package.

If there is money coming back, higher end prospects like Singleton or May or Colvin could be going. Assuming Cosart is untouchable.

Think of the Halladay trade -- the $6 million the Phils got back there was basically the Phillies selling Michael Taylor. They could be doing the same thing again.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

ToddZolecki

RT @Ken_Rosenthal: Hearing A) Singleton not in deal and B) #Phillies getting less than 12M, though number is in that range. 26 minutes ago via TweetDeck
                              Exciting to see what this deal is AND if Oswalt wants to come to Philly

Comment

Oswalt apparently OK with the deal: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5420095
                                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                                X