Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Interesting piece in PFT on Vince Lombardi's attitude re: gay player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I don't approve of gay relations. I don't think a man is lie with another man. God told us to be fruitful. Not to be fruits. However.....

Matthew 7:1 - 5.

Also

John 8:7

If you are gong to follow the teachings of the bible, then follow them all. Not just when it serves your PERSONAL feelings.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      So if they called it a civil union, you'd allow them to have every legal right that straight couples have?
      Foles4SB,

Since your objections seem focused on the term 'marriage' (with it's religious implications) I'm really interested in your answer to this question. If gay couples were legally joined in 'civil unions' (with no mention of the word marriage), would you support them having the same rights (tax treatment, family health insurance, hospital visitation etc) as legally joined straight couples have?

Comment

In fact, all forms would have

_ Single
        _ Married
        _ Civilly Unioned

just so those homos and atheists can't claim to be married.

And maybe
        _ Divorced

The church isn't claiming an exclusive hetero right to the word divorced, right? Especially not the catholic church? So we wouldn't need a
        _ Civilly Disunioned

Comment

Dismembered wouldn't be appropriate would it?
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            Foles4SB,

Since your objections seem focused on the term 'marriage' (with it's religious implications) I'm really interested in your answer to this question. If gay couples were legally joined in 'civil unions' (with no mention of the word marriage), would you support them having the same rights (tax treatment, family health insurance, hospital visitation etc) as legally joined straight couples have?
            Some things like hospital visits and other things I don't really care about, that's fine. The problem with "gay unions" is that gay activists have simply used that as a stepping stone to gay marriage. So whether I support unions or not is kind of irrelevant, because gay activists will push for marriage and will never stop at unions...much of their goal is to eliminated Judeo-Christian values or marriage altogether. If people vote for gay marriage or unions, what can I do? To me, people of states should be able to vote on matters like this, and if Vermont wants gay marriage and people vote for it, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              For the record, I don't approve of gay relations. I don't think a man is lie with another man. God told us to be fruitful. Not to be fruits. However.....

Matthew 7:1 - 5.

Also

John 8:7

If you are gong to follow the teachings of the bible, then follow them all. Not just when it serves your PERSONAL feelings.
              Matthew 7:1-5 I think is the most misquoted verse in Scripture. It's not against all judging, it is against hyporcritical judging. Like Jesse Jackson cannot counsel Bill Clinton on his adultery when he himself is out having an affair. At the end of the passage, it does say the ultimate goal is to get the log out of your own eye so that what - you can help your brother. It doesn't say do nothing. I also think we need to look at what the Bible says as a whole on one subject, and not just read one passage or a few words from one passage.

In John 8, Jesus is talking to the sinful, self-righteous Pharisees. And the Pharisees are probably fudging the truth in trying to set Jesus up, because they tell her the woman was caught in the ACT of adultery. If so, where is the man? The Pharisees interrupted Jesus teaching to try to trap him. And they are about to stone this woman. But Jesus also says to the woman "Go and sin no more." If she thought nothing of her sin or Jesus, she would have left the moment the last accuser left. Instead, she remained "standing" (John 8:9) and called Jesus “Lord” (John 8:11). Throughout His ministry, Jesus chastised the Jews and others who thought they weren't sinful, but showed mercy to those who admitted their sins and sought forgiveness, and this remains unchanged today.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Judging.html Here are some links about other verses on judgment, including John 7:24, where Jesus tells us to "judge righteous judgement." I believe many types of judging are wrong, but not all and not judging rightness or wrongness of moral actions in many caese. A lot of this to depends on what you mean by the word "judge".

Comment

Originally posted by Foles4SB View Post
                Some things like hospital visits and other things I don't really care about, that's fine. The problem with "gay unions" is that gay activists have simply used that as a stepping stone to gay marriage. So whether I support unions or not is kind of irrelevant, because gay activists will push for marriage and will never stop at unions...much of their goal is to eliminated Judeo-Christian values or marriage altogether. If people vote for gay marriage or unions, what can I do? To me, people of states should be able to vote on matters like this, and if Vermont wants gay marriage and people vote for it, so be it.
                That wasn't the question.

The question is that if gays stop calling it a marriage and stop pushing to call it a marriage and only for a union, would you be ok with it?

Comment

Foles, I still think that you are picking and choosing. My faith teaches me to turn the other cheek, not to elevate myself up to a position where I judge others, and to accept and love my brothers. I really didn't figure that we were so different.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X