Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett indicted on Felony Charge

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...elderly-woman/

Injured an elderly woman following Pats/Falcons Super Bowl. Stupid and careless rather than intentional but Goodell will want his pound of flesh.

Have to think the Birds knew about this, but what a maroon! Assume he’ll just plead this out, but league discipline is a separate issue.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

What do you even say about something like this? If it's true it's beyond comprehension and undefendable.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I hope the fucker goes to jail.

Media: Sports Illustrated
        The indictment states that Michael Bennett was told he had to use a different entrance for field access, but ignored security and pushed his way through them instead.

The charge, injury to the elderly, includes intentionally and knowingly causing bodily injury to a person 65 years or older. It carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

As a result of the indictment, a warrant has been issued for Michael Bennett's arrest. Prosecutors are working with his counsel regarding his surrender.

Comment

Hoooooly shit!

This has got to be a joke... or the birds were not only fleeced but may have just ruined their D-Line dominance!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            What do you even say about something like this? If it's true it's beyond comprehension and undefendable.
            Undefendable?? He pushed past a couple of old security guards to get someplace and they call that a felony?? Gimme a fuckin break.

Comment

From what I am reading the Eagles had no idea of this. Seattle may not of either. The charges seem flimsy at best, no video of it and it was supposedly witness by a police officer? So if it was crime why wasn't Bennett arrested on the spot? Kind of funny this comes out right before his book is released.

I have always been one not to judge until I hear both sides of the story. Something that is lost in America these days. You are now guilty until proven innocent.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                From what I am reading the Eagles had no idea of this. Seattle may not of either. The charges seem flimsy at best, no video of it and it was supposedly witness by a police officer? So if it was crime why wasn't Bennett arrested on the spot? Kind of funny this comes out right before his book is released.

I have always been one not to judge until I hear both sides of the story. Something that is lost in America these days. You are now guilty until proven innocent.
                It is not the legal system of guilty or not.... It is what the NFL will do whether he is guilty or not.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  Undefendable?? He pushed past a couple of old security guards to get someplace and they call that a felony?? Gimme a fuckin break.
                  I agree. Stupid, yes. Careless, sure. But seems abusive for prosecutors to charge him for “intentionally and knowingly” causing bodily harm. Susspect he blew them off when they told him to take care of this privately. Just the same, we are fooked.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    It is not the legal system of guilty or not.... It is what the NFL will do whether he is guilty or not.
                    The NFL really can't do anything on this one until it goes through the courts. Unlike Zeke and others there is no video for them to go off of.

Remember nothing had to Bradham and he beat up a Cabana boy and there were many witness to that, and he had a loaded weapon at an airport.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Son of a Bitch. Of course the whole story isn't known but I don't understand how the Eagles or the NFL didn't have some wind of this.
                      I'm sure it is a felony because of injury to senior citizens. Just like hate crimes some states have made crimes against seniors (because they are vulnerable) a felony. And the NFL will of course make a stand.
                      Oh Vinny we miss you already
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Just read a story on this...... This happened over a year ago???? A year ago and now it is a problem?????

Does the fact that this happened in Texas and he is now an Eagle have any thing to do with this??????? Was the person injured?? If so how, to what degree and again I will Ask.......... if it was soooooooo serious ...... Why wait a full year????????

Startin to piss me off now!

Comment

Jerruh ? This smells fishy. I bet he heard my comment about them fucking their sisters.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There is something weird going on here.

Several things seem to have happened:

- The game ends and Bennett wants to get on the field immediately (to celebrate with his brother?)
                            - He attempts to enter the field through an unauthorized entrance and is told, no.
                            - He behaves like the entitled asshole that he is and pushes his way though one or more 'stadium security people'.
                            - We're told a "paraplegic" woman "over 65 years old" suffered a "sprained shoulder" as a result of Bennett's actions.

Couple of questions:
                            - Why is a "paraplegic woman over 65 years old" employed in a capacity that requires her to limit fan access to the playing field?
                            - Why did it take 13 months to obtain this "felony indictment"?
                            - I know this is Houston and not Dallas. That said, whose cock got sucked by Jerry Jones or one of his teen age whores?.
                            Last edited by tinopuno; 03-23-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Does this sound defendable to you?

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                              Eagles’ Michael Bennett indicted on felony charge of injuring elderly woman
                              Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2018, 2:50 PM EDT

Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett was indicted by a grand jury today in Houston on a felony charge of injury of the elderly, stemming from an incident at last year’s Super Bowl.

Bennett, who played for the Seahawks at the time and was attending the Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl as a spectator while his brother Martellus Bennett played for the Patriots, is accused of rushing the field after the game and pushing a 66-year-old paraplegic woman who was working at the stadium.

According to the indictment, Bennett was told he couldn’t access the field from the place where he was trying to gain entry, and instead of complying he pushed the woman aside, injuring her

There is no word on the nature of the woman’s injuries, and there has been no explanation about why it took 13 months for charges to be brought.

It is unclear whether the Seahawks and Eagles knew about the incident when Bennett was traded from Seattle to Philadelphia last week.

The NFL could discipline Bennett under the league’s personal conduct policy, regardless of the outcome of the criminal case.

Comment

Working...
                              X