X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy should be our President

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/multim...c34d514e4.html
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Funny, I saw this piece a couple of weeks ago-- and was fascinated.

I know nothing about this guy- don't know whether he is a good Gov or not. But he makes sooooooooooooo much sense and logic. And it goes both ways.

I understand people want to do something right now, today, change a law and just fix it---- but the problem didn't just happen tonight, or today or even last week or year--- it has been a slow decay of moral values for 50 years.

Guns don't kill people, even bombs don't kill people -- a "person" controls these machines. And the people of this country have been in a steady decline of values for many many many years. And yet almost all on the left and the right don't understand this..... or choose not to.

Do we need Bump stocks and fully automatic weapons and magazines that hold 700 rounds? Probably not! But passing gun laws will not fix a systemic "HUMAN" problem that we have and people need to start to understand this simple logical equation. When life has so little meaning and value that people do not feel any moral regard for life--- nothing can be done in and by itself to stem the tide of these problems.

The list is sooooo long--- TV, Movies, Video Games, Fatherless families and mental health issues, inner city poverty, Drugs --- these are just some of the things that devalue our morality --- and these things far outweigh in terms of reality of what changing ANY gun laws do.

I believe that we can regulate to some degree the 2nd amendment, just as we can the 1st..... but the radicals on both sides seem to think that these things are either 100% ironclad never to be updated OR feel that they should just be ignored and only thought of as outlived ideas and ideals.

And that is NOT what this country is based or was founded on.

Comment

As much as I agree with stuff he says in the above piece he sure did step on his dick this week. Don't think he will be running for president
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

What did he do, guess I missed it?

Comment

Been a few days so I don't recall word for word but he said something to the effect that he can assure people that some children in KY were sexually assaulted because they weren't in school due to teacher strike and then said he is just as sure that some kids were poisoned that week because they weren't in school.
          Of course caught a lot of flak. Can't really make that leap.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X