Eagles @ Packers Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles @ Packers Game Day Thread

I know that it is early but for the next 3 or 4 days, we can talk about the Packers game - until the game day thread is posted later in the week.
    We all know that the Packers offense is pretty impressive but their defense isn't. It could be a high scoring game.
    The Eagles need another road win against a good opponent.

Packers are on a roll right now. O-line is playing great. Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now and Lacy is running wild. They have everything working right now on offense. I'm afraid that they will screen us to death after seeing how aggressive our front played vs Carolina.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

We'll find out how for real we are next week. We should be able to stay with them. I real dislike that arrogant jerk Rodgers.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Nate Allen and playing on the road where we are 2-2 and the Pack are 4-0 at home

those are my 4 concerns for this game and I admit, I don't feel good about it at all

this is one of those games that I go into expecting a loss while hoping I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
          Cary Williams, Bradley Fletcher, Nate Allen and playing on the road where we are 2-2 and the Pack are 4-0 at home

those are my 4 concerns for this game and I admit, I don't feel good about it at all

this is one of those games that I go into expecting a loss while hoping I am wrong
          I expect a competitive game, but anyone who expects the Eagles to waltz up to GB and get a win is nuts. But, then again, I didn't expect them to get a W in Indy either, so we'll see.

Comment

I don't know the Packers schedule so I will ask the question
            Who have they beaten?

Comment

This is a real test for this team. Frankly I like Rodgers, and he has gotten that team to play well since his "RELAX" comment. He talked the talk and walked the walk.

If we get a W in GB Sunday I will honestly move the Eagles up on my own personal power rankings!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                This is a real test for this team. Frankly I like Rodgers, and he has gotten that team to play well since his "RELAX" comment. He talked the talk and walked the walk.

If we get a W in GB Sunday I will honestly move the Eagles up on my own personal power rankings!
                Yup. This one will mean a ton to me personally. This is the game that proves to me whether we are on par with the top teams or not.

And we don't even have to WIN. I will judge whether we belong on the same field with GB or not. I want a win, of course. But if we can ,arch up well and give GB a good fight in THEIR house, then I will feel real good about our direction.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

As quarters go the birds are 3-1 in each of the first two. This qtr they have Car, GB, TN, and Dal. Even with a loss at GB they can easily go 3-1. I buy into winning each qtr and thus the season and then seeing what happens in the playoffs. Having said that I went with 17-2 as their record this year. Everyone I know thought I was just running at the lips, and to some extent I was, but I believed in the team.
                  This is the toughest test of the year because they are playing in GB. Their two losses were on the road but both were within their grasp. Rogers is on par with Manning and Brady as far as the elite QBs in the league today, Nelson can play with the best of them, and Lacy is running his best but the team has flaws and has faltered. The birds can hang with them but can't lose turnover battles nor can they lose concentration and let GB get any cheap scores.
                  I'm still on 17-2 (but can live with 3-1 every quarter)
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

It's funny how our minds tend to only remember what teams did recently. Sometimes only VERY recently. 2 games ago, the Packers got their freaking asses kicked by the Saints, 44-23.

Comment

Don't like this matchup. Rodgers is REALLY good. In fact, I think he is the best QB in the game right now. Accurate, smart, and athletic enough to avoid the initial pass rushers. Plus he is pretty tough.

They are going to score on us because even if we do take away some of their passing game. Which I kind of doubt we will actually, they will just run it with Lacy. He is an above average back.

Not sure how good their offensive line is. That could be the X Factor. Shocker...the offensive line matters.

As for our offense, we can't count on short fields with Rodgers as QB. We are going to have to get the running game going which I think is possible against a 3-4 team like the Packers. And hopefully Sanchez is better than he was. Not a total cut on him because he played well but he was off in his connections with Cooper, Sproles, and Ertz at times. Gotta fix that.

Chip was right today when he said our offense was just kinda meh...
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

There's a lot to like about this team but I think they are still a year and 2 or 3 players away from having more than 'a puncher's chance' to grab the ring.

This game will be a big test...even more than Indy, IMO, because of the loss of Ryans. I think they can beat Green Bay. And if they do, I'm ALMOST a believer.

The REAL test, IMO, comes on Thanksgiving Day in Sodom against the earthly embodiment of the Seven Deadly Sins. If we beat Dallas in their house after a very short week, then I'M A BELIEVER!

Comment

I don't give a fuck- you want to win the Superbowl, then prove you have the stones.

Go to Lambeau, undermanned at LBer, walking wounded on the line, RB stuck in reverse, and the backup QB.

And fuckin let it all hang out.

Comment

It looks like game time temperatures will be in the low 20's.
                            Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                              It looks like game time temperatures will be in the low 20's.
                              That's going to be a bit of a shock to the system. I don't know if it will effect anyone, and I kind of doubt it, but that's significantly colder than what we're used to.

Comment

Working...
                              X