Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie: Every intention to bring McNabb back

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._eagles_aloft/

Said Lurie, "Donovan has had a very good year, but it also has had its ups and downs. You have to know, in this sport, especially at the quarterback position, you're going to have your ups and downs. Hopefully the ups are predominant, and he's proven with him at quarterback, you have a very good chance of winning and winning big."
    Lurie added that the Eagles have "every intention of having him back" and that "he's been great to work with." McNabb's contract runs through the 2010 season, and calls for him to earn $9.2 million in 2009 base salary and $10 million in 2010.
    Interesting....

Great to hear that...thanks for passing along.

Comment

There will be a McNabb piece with Berman and crew in 8 minutes......stay tuned. Should be fun stuff.......Benching, TO, Booing, the whole drama. Blech..........
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Super.

Comment

I think our defense is going to continue to be very, very good over the next few seasons. As a result, I am not ready to make any QB changes that might set us back for a while. So, it is nice to hear that Donovan is likely going to be the starter next year.

But, I just cringe every time Donovan does a one-on-one interview. In fact, I won't watch them.

Comment

It was like a McNabb infomercial, LOL!

I've been thru this, I've been thru that, people doubt you.....I have overcome everything.

There, I made it short and sweet for everyone..
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              It was like a McNabb infomercial, LOL!

I've been thru this, I've been thru that, people doubt you.....I have overcome everything.

There, I made it short and sweet for everyone..
              I didn't watch it...

Did he also make a joke at the beginning and laugh at his own joke?

Comment

Good!

Comment

I assume they would have every intention of bringing him back at his $9million salary.

Say McNabb plays well win or lose this postseason - and he wants an extension, but hypothetically that is not in Banners plan..

Would McNabb hold out of training camp?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
                    I assume they would have every intention of bringing him back at his $9million salary.

Say McNabb plays well win or lose this postseason - and he wants an extension, but hypothetically that is not in Banners plan..

Would McNabb hold out of training camp?
                    I doubt it. He's always been a company man. What's the worst that can happen to him? Play a year at $9 million and then get franchised for about $15 million? Not bad.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

"company man"....LOL!

Shame on you, 60!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I doubt it. He's always been a company man. What's the worst that can happen to him? Play a year at $9 million and then get franchised for about $15 million? Not bad.
                        Are you telling me I have to deal with not 1 but TWO more years of McNabb?!?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          Are you telling me I have to deal with not 1 but TWO more years of McNabb?!?
                          It beats the shit out of the alternative doesn't it?
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sure does if the alternative is Kolb.

Comment

We don't really know how good or bad Kolb is yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X