Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Nance's new partner with the annoying high pitched voice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Nance's new partner with the annoying high pitched voice?

I turn on the Cincy /GB game and hear Nance's familiar voice. But with him is not Phil Simms. It's some guy whose voice I don't recognize. He talks constantly, he thinks he flat out knows everything and, worst of all, his voice is really annoying...high pitched almost like an old woman.

I'm thinking, "Who the fuck is this guy? Some last minute fill in replacement?" Turns out it's Tony Romo...and he simply won't shut the fuck up.

Somebody from th control room really needs to go into the booth and hit him in the head with a 2 by 4.

Tony Homo
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

He sounds like Chicken Little.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He had some pretty interesting insights, but that voice may get to me after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          He had some pretty interesting insights, but that voice may get to me after a while.
          He does make some very astute observations. The problem for me is he just voices way, way too many of them. And the voice and frenetic delivery. Does he think he's doing piece work...getting paid by the syllable?

I don't know that I ever heard Romo speak more than a few words at a time when he was playing. Some guys joke that they have a face "made for radio". Romo has voice made for silent movies.

Maybe if he chugged a glass or two of Drano he could add a little gravelly aspect to the voice to make it distinctive...kinda like Tom Waits.

Comment

I only watched the last few minutes and OT, but seemed like Romo was gonna cream his pants over Rogers. Was he really biased or was it just that GB was rolling?
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
            X