X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins are destroying Oakland

It looks like Bambi vs Godzilla.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Oakland and Carr look VERY pedestrian. Washington looks like a power house and Cousins can do no wrong.

Comment

Heard "best QB in the league" talk with Carr. Tuned in to see. Blecch. Could just be "one of those games". Sure hope they have another when they play us.

Oakland did start to get a couple of breaks but then gives up a 50+ yard run on 3rd and 19.

Comment

Why is collingsworth blowing the redskins so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          Probably because they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Collingsworth seems to live in the moment and is seriously inclined toward front running when one of the teams they are doing on SNF is dominating the other. I think this tendency has grown worse over the past several years. I've gone from really liking his work to finding him and the toad Michaels frequently 'unlistenable'.

Comment

Seriously what is he supposed to say? Cousins was throwing lasers and Washington was kicking the shit out of a team that looked helpless. Is he supposed to make up good stuff that isn't going on? Maybe talk some more about the nauseating politics that went on all day? I think he's the best commentator in the business and got stuck with a clunker of a game. Obviously I like the guy lol.

Comment

Why not talk about how Oakland was seriously overhyped and shouldn’t even be in the conversation of AFC contender? Why not remind the audience that they were swept by KC last year and didn’t even win the division? Why not talk about how bad their D was playing?
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  Seriously what is he supposed to say? Cousins was throwing lasers and Washington was kicking the shit out of a team that looked helpless. Is he supposed to make up good stuff that isn't going on? Maybe talk some more about the nauseating politics that went on all day? I think he's the best commentator in the business and got stuck with a clunker of a game. Obviously I like the guy lol.
                  Different strokes Popper.

As I said, I used to like his work...when he offered fresh/novel insights. Now he fairly predictably goes overboard knobbing the the guys/team doing well in the moment with the clear implication that their success in this game portends greater success going for ward.
                  But that's just me! A testy old Bird's fan. WTF do I know anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                    Why not talk about how Oakland was seriously overhyped and shouldn’t even be in the conversation of AFC contender? Why not remind the audience that they were swept by KC last year and didn’t even win the division? Why not talk about how bad their D was playing?
                    I think you bring up valid points but I am going to guess that the broadcaster finds it easier to fluff players than to bring them down. If you over fluff you will still get good access to the locker room. If you state the facts like you outlined, then perhaps your sources are not as plentiful.

This is why I love hearing Charles Barkley commentate. He tells the his version of the truth with nothing held back.

Comment

I think it's interesting how some of these west coast teams are almost unbeatable at home, but when they have to play on the East coast, they look like different teams. Denver kills the Cowboys at home, looks like a super bowl team in the process, and then comes east and gets beat by Buffalo. Buffalo. Oakland lays a big egg against the Skins. Seattle gets beat by the Titans.

Comment

Raiders were set up to fail there I think. Night games are tough and Kirk and the Foreskins hadn’t put it all together yet. All these teams still must play the Chefs and that is a really good team. What would make my weekend is of the Cards beat America’s team tonight and Zeke blows out both knees in the process.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                          Raiders were set up to fail there I think. Night games are tough and Kirk and the Foreskins hadn’t put it all together yet. All these teams still must play the Chefs and that is a really good team. What would make my weekend is of the Cards beat America’s team tonight and Zeke blows out both knees in the process.
                          Oakland just laid an egg. I'm not looking forward to playing them. They were in a tough spot with their second road game in a row and a trip to the east coast. I'm not looking forward to playing in SD this week because they really looked like they could bring it in their first two games even though they lost them. We'll get their A game Sunday.

Arizona has looked very pedestrian in their first 2 games. They usually have a huge advantage in that dome of theirs but Dallas is more popular in Phoenix than the Cards are. I'm wondering how the crowd will be tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X