No announcement yet.

Eagles Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth is definitely a problem. I don't think Hicks has played a full season since Pop Warner. His rookie contract is going to be up next year, and I think his injury history is going to make them think twice about giving him a lucrative, long term deal.

Comment

Nice thing is the birds are in a best player available draft position. Hopefully there is an MLB they like. But I think serviceable LBs are available after TC or during the year. Just so they aren't fat and slow like a previous not to be named LB. You can only plan so far for injuries.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Not saying that they have a "problem" just a small area of concern for me, that's all. Maybe they will fix it via the draft or another F/A.. Just saying if you kinda figure Hicks will go down, and I heard a bunch of Bitching when Walker came in, then we had to go outside and look to get Ellerbe--- so I'm saying I guess IMM they are rolling the Dice with counting on Hicks and Walker. Also if you lose the F/A's and get rid of Kendricks you have created a hole that has to be filled-- not earth shattering but work is needed , IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Not saying that they have a "problem" just a small area of concern for me, that's all. Maybe they will fix it via the draft or another F/A.. Just saying if you kinda figure Hicks will go down, and I heard a bunch of Bitching when Walker came in, then we had to go outside and look to get Ellerbe--- so I'm saying I guess IMM they are rolling the Dice with counting on Hicks and Walker. Also if you lose the F/A's and get rid of Kendricks you have created a hole that has to be filled-- not earth shattering but work is needed , IMHO.
          I agree, but I kind of see it as a problem. When you are left to bringing in guys like Walker and Ellerbe, you could use better depth. Especially given the fact that Hicks simply cannot stay healthy. They can't rely on him. Kendricks hasn't exactly been a ball of health for his entire career either.

Comment

Totally get what you are saying and I do think middle linebacker will be addressed via the draft.

I think we all are splitting hairs right now trying to find weakness on this team, we could use depth for sure but I think we have one the most complete rosters even after the losses via free agency and trades in the NFL
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Without a doubt linebacker is a priority the kid from Texas looks like a good value pick towards the end of the first round and they’ve gone down that road before with the Texas linebacker drafting Hicks. My guess is they’re going to fill that linebacker spot with a draft pick.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

OK, so I'm not THAT crazy I guess. LOL

Comment

OK, so I'm not THAT crazy I guess. LOL
                  While you're at it we're not exactly loaded at with receivers either like we were last year. Smith, Johnson, Burton and Cellek are gone. Right now wrs are replaced by Mack the Knife, Gibson and aTreggs. That's not exactly murderer's row.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    While you're at it we're not exactly loaded at with receivers either like we were last year. Smith, Johnson, Burton and Cellek are gone. Right now wrs are replaced by Mack the Knife, Gibson and aTreggs. That's not exactly murderer's row.
                    you are right ,,, Celek, wasn't much or a WR/Rec TE either, he was mostly blocking, frankly I think he can be replaced pretty easily, ... Burton does need to be replaced. Smith, Johnson seems to me anyhow, can be replaced also fairly easily, as long as we get someone with real deep speed. Hollins, Gibson and Treggs were good enough to make the team last year, and they are still here, don't see the problem. Yup, gotta replace a deep threat, and a TE. Not so sure Burton was Burton because of talent as much as scheme.

Yup, there is a hole to fill there.

Comment

Torey was so valuable during the playoffs. I'm not sure that he can be replaced. He was always open underneath because they laid off him and still managed to get deep. I still visualize that 3rd down catch that he made on the ball behind him whenever I here his name.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Torey was so valuable during the playoffs. I'm not sure that he can be replaced. He was always open underneath because they laid off him and still managed to get deep. I still visualize that 3rd down catch that he made on the ball behind him whenever I here his name.
                        Agree ... not to mention that Torrey opened up the underneath stuff for everyone else. He dropped too many balls, but even at that was a valuable decoy. This is why I don’t think Marlin is the right fit. Need a burner. Is John Brown still out there?
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
                        X