Bennett is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett is

doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of talking these days!

I sure hope he and the rest of the team live up to his promises.

His mouth is writing checks I really hope his body/play/talent can cover.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...ony--116485507

This just one of many "statements" Bennett has made. Just sayin.

It is extremely tough to repeat. It is extremely tough to get to the SB--just ask that whole dream team crew that sucked. The DL certainly has a chance to be the best on the league; just like last year's crew had the chance to be the best. But you have to show it on the field. I think you are much better off talking s*** after you win the game than before. I also hope he can cover his talk.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of talking these days!

I sure hope he and the rest of the team live up to his promises.

His mouth is writing checks I really hope his body/play/talent can cover.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...ony--116485507

This just one of many "statements" Bennett has made. Just sayin.
      Seattle was getting tired of his big mouth. He said during the season that he thought this would be his last year with them.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Maybe he is, but he’s not wrong. This D-line should terrorize Olines.
        Cox, Jernigan, Bennet, Barnett, Long, hopefully Graham, and whoever Howie can land. That’s a scary group right there.

Comment

WCPhan "Maybe he is, but he’s not wrong. This D-line should terrorize Olines.
          Cox, Jernigan, Bennet, Barnett, Long, hopefully Graham, and whoever Howie can land. That’s a scary group right there"

He may be right but that doesn't make him any less a mouthy butthole. He needs to STFU, at least until he's played a down or two as an Eagle...but he probably won't.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            WCPhan "Maybe he is, but he’s not wrong. This D-line should terrorize Olines.
            Cox, Jernigan, Bennet, Barnett, Long, hopefully Graham, and whoever Howie can land. That’s a scary group right there"

He may be right but that doesn't make him any less a mouthy butthole. He needs to STFU, at least until he's played a down or two as an Eagle...but he probably won't.
            Owens was "right" much of the time too. How'd that work out?

Comment

Just a feeling that Bennett’s mouth is going to outshine his play. I was nuts for thinking he’d be quiet until he actually did something on the field.

Comment

Jenkins has been the most outspoken that we've had in this town in a long while (at least that I can remember- maybe I've forgotten someone). I think he did a good job drawing attention to those areas of concern in our society while not having it be a distraction to the team, too much.

Bennett has run his mouth a bit more than Jenkins and has that stupid moment with the police. I don't think he'll be any less vocal here. On the flip side, I do think his production will be better than it has been based on less reps, more energy with the strong rotation system in place here.

Let's face it- There are some underlying issues in this country that are the product of the last 150 years of history here. Without turning this forum into a political/social commentary arena, I see the need for talk and discourse and if it means shaking my head a couple times a year at what Bennett says then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  Jenkins has been the most outspoken that we've had in this town in a long while (at least that I can remember- maybe I've forgotten someone). I think he did a good job drawing attention to those areas of concern in our society while not having it be a distraction to the team, too much.

Bennett has run his mouth a bit more than Jenkins and has that stupid moment with the police. I don't think he'll be any less vocal here. On the flip side, I do think his production will be better than it has been based on less reps, more energy with the strong rotation system in place here.

Let's face it- There are some underlying issues in this country that are the product of the last 150 years of history here. Without turning this forum into a political/social commentary arena, I see the need for talk and discourse and if it means shaking my head a couple times a year at what Bennett says then so be it.

Speaking for myself only, I have absolutely no problem with the thoughtful way Jenkins has conducted himself and agree with you that there are long standing issues in our society that call for balanced consideration.

My concern about Bennett is that he tends to be 90% provocative, attention-grabbing talk and 10% thought.

Comment

In case many of you have had your heads in the sand, the millennials are all about look at me, praise me for my mediocrity, don't criticize (aka coach or train) too harshly, expect the minimum or less, etc etc. Bennett is no different than anybody else in the work force at that age these days.

Make no mistake, go watch videos of him last year, he can man-handle O-linemen and you can't have too many guys like that.
                    Last edited by WCPhan; 03-21-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Speaking for myself only, I have absolutely no problem with the thoughtful way Jenkins has conducted himself and agree with you that there are long standing issues in our society that call for balanced consideration.

My concern about Bennett is that he tends to be 90% provocative, attention-grabbing talk and 10% thought.
                      I could have written this post on both Jenkins and Bennett. Spot on tino.

Comment

If he gives us 10 sacks to go with Grahams 10 or so, our starting defensive line is going to be spectacular and extremely fun to watch. If Bennett out plays his mouth I'll give him a pass.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          If he gives us 10 sacks to go with Grahams 10 or so, our starting defensive line is going to be spectacular and extremely fun to watch. If Bennett out plays his mouth I'll give him a pass.
                          If he gets 10 sacks nobody will care, that's for sure! He'll be one of those guys that you'll love as long as he's an Eagle. One of those "but he's our asshole types".

Comment

And then there are very encouraging things like this

Michael Bennett is already engulfed in passion of Eagles fans
                            By: Turron Davenport | March 20, 2018 10:23 am ET

Philadelphia fans are known for their passion. If you play well, they will cheer for you to no end. However, if you don’t give maximum effort, they’ll let you know.

One of the moves that will help them stay gritty was the trade for defensive lineman Michael Bennett. Having played most of his nine-year career on the West Coast, Bennett admired Philadelphia from afar. Now he will get a chance to experience the passion firsthand as an Eagle.

“I am super excited about having the opportunity to play for this organization. This is the place that I wanted to be,” Bennett said at his introductory press conference Monday. “This is sports city, a football city and they brought a championship last year. The chance to get to play here is just amazing.”

There was a tremendous outpouring from fans on social media once the news broke that Bennett was going to be traded to the Eagles. Thousands of fans sent him welcome messages.

It’s only been a week, but Bennett has already felt the support from his new home.

“The city has shown me so much love since I’ve been here. This city, I think about as a blue-collar city where everybody is working. The fans, they are real fans. If you are bad, they will let you know. If you’re good they’ll let you know. I always liked that. It’s that realness. We can work with that,” Bennett said Monday.

Bennett attended a 76ers game with new teammate Malcolm Jenkins hours after his press conference. Fans loudly chanted Bennett’s name when he was shown on the video board. He made time to take selfies with fans at the game and took in the cheers.

Over the past year, Bennett has been in frequent contact with Jenkins because of their membership in the Players Coalition, a group that was representing players on social justice issues. Bennett saw how Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie embraced his players’ efforts to make an impact in the community.

Knowing he has the green light to do community outreach, Bennett plans to hit the ground running. He wants to impact Philadelphia both on the field and in the community.

“Me coming to Philly is not just about winning championships on the field. It’s about winning off the field,” Bennett explained. “Being able to work with men all across the city and be able to give back, to work on the youth jails and be able to help young women. It’s something that I feel is important to do those things. It’s important to keep building the bridges from the team to the city.”

Judging by the immediate connection that Bennett has made to the city, those bridges will be established soon in Philadelphia.

Comment

My point also--- this team has been a very professional organization--- and I have no problem if he shows some/a lot of swagger ---- AFTER he has done something here! The SB winning team was not a in your face, bragging machine--- In fact, they played the underdog role to the hilt and let that work for them.

Jenkins while I may not agree with his posture on some issues -- always was a non issue himself. And he always let his play do his real talking. Again he can say what he wants when he gets ten sacks and a ton of hits and hurries--- but do not need him stirring the pot 6 months before games are even being played. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X