Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is (not) the only told-you-so thread I will ever start here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    I don't worry about players who won't be with the team after next year. He needs to get it to Maclin and Celek.
    You had better hope he's here next year. I know what you're getting at, but playmakers win super bowls. Celek is dropping half the stuff that comes his way this year.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
      McNabb did look good, you hater. LOL!

Is it so hard to accept that the guy is/was a good QB?

I'm really getting sick of this crap where people can't stop comparing Kolb to McNabb. What's the point? He's gone, let's stop trying to justify it or pillory it.

Especially when there is a perfectly good argument -- Kolb or Vick?
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Pliny. When teams win a super bowl, they PLAY OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!!! Really, my only complaint about Kolb is that he reminds me of the little guy Pennington who had no arm. Smart player, but didn't have the tools. It's tough for DJ to light it up if the guy can't get it to him.
        Kolb might end up being a Pennington. I just feel it is way to early to make that determination one way or another.

Kolb's downfield throws are tough to judge. We have been spoiled by having rocket arms like McNabb and Vick to compare Kolb to. If you compare Kolb to the other 30 QB's in the NFL, his arm strength would probably look just fine.

McNabb does not have Kolb's short-middle route accuracy. Kolb does not have McNabb's arm strength. Vick is playing super right now, but has not been accurate in the past.

I can't wait for Vick to get back. If he does not work out, then I can't wait to see more from Kolb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Kolb might end up being a Pennington. I just feel it is way to early to make that determination one way or another.

Kolb's downfield throws are tough to judge. We have been spoiled by having rocket arms like McNabb and Vick to compare Kolb to. If you compare Kolb to the other 30 QB's in the NFL, his arm strength would probably look just fine.

McNabb does not have Kolb's short-middle route accuracy. Kolb does not have McNabb's arm strength. Vick is playing super right now, but has not been accurate in the past.

I can't wait for Vick to get back. If he does not work out, then I can't wait to see more from Kolb.
          The way this friekin year is going we're going to need them both, and probably Kafka too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
            I'm really getting sick of this crap where people can't stop comparing Kolb to McNabb. What's the point? He's gone, let's stop trying to justify it or pillory it.

Especially when there is a perfectly good argument -- Kolb or Vick?
            Deal with it. The guy was here 11 years and had a lot of success, replaced by these QB's now on our roster. It's a worthy topic of discusion..and will be for a few years yet.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
              Deal with it. The guy was here 11 years and had a lot of success, replaced by these QB's now on our roster. It's a worthy topic of discusion..and will be for a few years yet.

Yeah, but it confuses me! I just want to talk Kolb or Vick and then someone brings up McNabb and I get addled. I'm getting old.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

LOL! You'll be OK.

I'm ready to move forward too. Unfortunately, I feel like even if we DO get our QB situation settled, there are so many other problems with this team, it just doesn't matter.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  You had better hope he's here next year. I know what you're getting at, but playmakers win super bowls. Celek is dropping half the stuff that comes his way this year.

I like DJ but i don't get the feeling he will be here.

But you're right about Celek. You want to be the man, you gotta make some of those catches he whiffed on yesterday.

Comment

I like DJ but i don't get the feeling he will be here.

But you're right about Celek. You want to be the man, you gotta make some of those catches he whiffed on yesterday.
                    He's been consistantly inconsistant in all 5 games this season. And seriously, there's no Lombardi in the future without DJ. As far as his contract goes, these owners are playing hardball right now. Look at Jackson of Deigo.

Comment

E60 - our offensive line is a mess, our defensive line is a mess. our superstar in the making mlb can't cover TEs. our other lbs couldn't play for Alabama. I don't think there's a lombardi in our future with or without DJ.

(And I didn't even mention the horrendous qb situation or head coach.)

And we have weasels and ferrets in our FO.

This team depresses me.

Comment

E60 - our offensive line is a mess, our defensive line is a mess. our superstar in the making mlb can't cover TEs. our other lbs couldn't play for Alabama. I don't think there's a lombardi in our future with or without DJ.

(And I didn't even mention the horrendous qb situation or head coach.)

And we have weasels and ferrets in our FO.

This team depresses me.
                        50 years of this shit my friend. I feel like a bowling pin. They keep knocking me down but I keep getting up for more. BTW, Farve really looks like an old man tonight.

Comment

luckily i've only suffered 30 years of it.

I'm watching the NLDS and it looks like we might finally be done with the Bobby Cox is retiring bullshit.

Comment

luckily i've only suffered 30 years of it.

I'm watching the NLDS and it looks like we might finally be done with the Bobby Cox is retiring bullshit.
                            That old fart is still kickin? Well good for him I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              It was all McNabb's fault when the team did not come back while he was here. No excuses. Now his team comes back & he didn't have a thing to do with it. Now there are all sorts of excuses why he had nothing to do with it. I can't make this shit up.
                              It really is funny...
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                                LOL, Kolb was a little bit better than average against arguably the worst team in the league.
                                Remember what happened last time the Eagles played a crappy west coast team with King Dunlap at LT? They lost to the Raiders. So he's got that over McNabb, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X