Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Impenetrable CyberSecurity Unit that almost saved the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Impenetrable CyberSecurity Unit that almost saved the world.

At first, I experienced an overwhelming feeling of relief when our President announced that he and Putin would be developing this cutting edge Cyber Security Unit "that would guard against election and many other negative things" presumably including an ICBM attack from North Korea and possibly even 'The Heartbreak of Psoriasis'.

Trump Tweeted "Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded."

Putin's "vehement denial" of any involvement in the hacking of our election process was apparently so persuasive that President Donald left the meeting with the belief that he could trust his new best friend with just about anything.

A bunch of mean Republicans Senators rejected out of hand this proposal from their leader, some with really disparaging assessments. Lindsay Graham was particularly mean, essentially dismissing the proposal as "one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard".

Steve Mnuchin, a rather strange looking man who traces his lineage to the Munchins from the Land of Oz, was quick to come to the defense of his leader's intriguing proposal.

Summing up his support for the President carefully considered idea Mnuchin said,"This is about having capabilities to make sure that we both fight cyber together, which I think is a very significant accomplishment for President Trump.”

Mnuchin was to quickly learn what other top Trump admin officials have learned when they come out in strong public support of one of his controversial statements....Don't Do It!

Not long after Mnuchin spoke publicly on the record in support, Trump followed up with a new Tweet..."The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!"

Where is Gilda Radner's Emily Litella when she is so repeatedly needed by this administration to say, "Never mind!'?

Help!!!

Vin ,

I'm somehow unable to delete this dual identical post. Please help me out here.

Tino

Comment

It could be worse I suppose tino. We teamed up with Stalin in WWII. I've pretty much given up with politics even though I watch the stuff constantly. I wish that you were one of those political commentators though. Your ratings would be off the charts. You put Dennis Miller to shame and he's pretty darn funny. You could have MD on the panel. Maybe you could bring back Point, Counterpoint. "Jane you ignorant slut".
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I like ignorant sluts
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Hell MM I am an ignorant slut
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

A couple of general questions I have about "hacking". How do we know that they hacked our election if they don't know what they did?? If they spied on the Democratic or Republican campaign who gives a shit? What could they possibly gain by doing that?

My other point is that I would hope that we are hacking theirs too.

Comment

I'm still an AM/FM radio kind of guy not a techy kind of guy but I know enough to know that computers leave trails. You can tell when someone is poking around and you can tell where it came from most of the time. I'm sure they have some pretty high end people with high end equipment.
              Depends on what one does with the hacking. They could get into some computers and maybe delete campaign info. Or plug false campaign info on a party's computer. Maybe send false messages to donors. Maybe delete donor lists. Don't think anyone can do it yet but someday one could get into a state computer and maybe change vote totals. Who knows. I think the possibilities are endless.
              Do we do the same? I surely think we have the knowhow. I'm inclined to believe we see many other countries elections as fixed anyway so it wouldn't do much good to hack their program. Does anyone really think opposition parties have much chance to win in places like China or Russia? So, wouldn't do much good to hack into their systems if they suppress voting or count their ballots using funny math. But it could provide classified intel on how they operate so my guess is we do some prodding around.
              For the record I fully believe Russia hacked systems--both dem and rep. I don't think the Trump campaign was involved in anything that impacted the election although I think that was probably more their stupidity than anything. Ask any investigator if seven people change their story or all of a sudden remember something differently after being presented evidence what they think and every one will tell you the people are trying to hide something. Maybe not a great or significant crime but they are hiding something.
              I firmly believe there are old guard Russians in the Kremlin that want to see Russia as the #1 world power. They don't want to see the US go under because that could lead to chaos but they wouldn't mind seeing the US have serious economic and political problems resulting in less influence for the US worldwide and greater influence for Russia
              Last week I was in Medicine Hat AB and then Banff. TV was filled with US channels-- FOX NEWS, CNN, HLN, American ABC, CBS, NBC affiliates, etc. Then people are asking about the US--Trump, pulling out of NAFTA, healthcare etc, etc, etc. Of course it wasn't good stuff. Finally, I said I have no idea why all of you are so interested in the US why don't you spend more time on your own countries. Response was that US is so entertaining right now. Your politics don't know which way is up right now. Finally I said we really wanted Rob Ford for president but we couldn't get him out of rehab so he stayed in Canadian politics. Anyway, my inclination is that the US is kind of a laughing stock right now in the world.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                I'm still an AM/FM radio kind of guy not a techy kind of guy but I know enough to know that computers leave trails. You can tell when someone is poking around and you can tell where it came from most of the time. I'm sure they have some pretty high end people with high end equipment.
                Depends on what one does with the hacking. They could get into some computers and maybe delete campaign info. Or plug false campaign info on a party's computer. Maybe send false messages to donors. Maybe delete donor lists. Don't think anyone can do it yet but someday one could get into a state computer and maybe change vote totals. Who knows. I think the possibilities are endless.
                Do we do the same? I surely think we have the knowhow. I'm inclined to believe we see many other countries elections as fixed anyway so it wouldn't do much good to hack their program. Does anyone really think opposition parties have much chance to win in places like China or Russia? So, wouldn't do much good to hack into their systems if they suppress voting or count their ballots using funny math. But it could provide classified intel on how they operate so my guess is we do some prodding around.
                For the record I fully believe Russia hacked systems--both dem and rep. I don't think the Trump campaign was involved in anything that impacted the election although I think that was probably more their stupidity than anything. Ask any investigator if seven people change their story or all of a sudden remember something differently after being presented evidence what they think and every one will tell you the people are trying to hide something. Maybe not a great or significant crime but they are hiding something.
                I firmly believe there are old guard Russians in the Kremlin that want to see Russia as the #1 world power. They don't want to see the US go under because that could lead to chaos but they wouldn't mind seeing the US have serious economic and political problems resulting in less influence for the US worldwide and greater influence for Russia
                Last week I was in Medicine Hat AB and then Banff. TV was filled with US channels-- FOX NEWS, CNN, HLN, American ABC, CBS, NBC affiliates, etc. Then people are asking about the US--Trump, pulling out of NAFTA, healthcare etc, etc, etc. Of course it wasn't good stuff. Finally, I said I have no idea why all of you are so interested in the US why don't you spend more time on your own countries. Response was that US is so entertaining right now. Your politics don't know which way is up right now. Finally I said we really wanted Rob Ford for president but we couldn't get him out of rehab so he stayed in Canadian politics. Anyway, my inclination is that the US is kind of a laughing stock right now in the world.

I hear that from my Dem friends too. As far as politics now i don't see much of a difference from normal to tell you the truth other than Trump is a lightning rod. it's the same normal political crap that we've seen for the past 20 years.

Nobody gives a crap what other countries do because we're the world leader.

Most governments are "funnier" than us. Europe has been a joke for my entire lifetime. Canada too in my book.

Comment

Working...
                X