The dog ate Trump's new tax plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dog ate Trump's new tax plan.

Apparently the same damn dog that ate his "fantastic new health care plan" that would replace Obama Care has struck again. You would think that he would have guarded this "amazing" tax reform package more carefully knowing the damn dog was lurking somewhere just waiting to fuck with him. After all, it wasn't just the dog that posed a threat. He had explained a couple times that he had to keep the plan "secret" or the Dems would steal it and take credit for it's genius themselves.

Now with his great tax reform plan destroyed forever by the damn dog, our President has no choice but to tell the Congress to come up with a tax plan...and then pass it.

And he's given them fair warning. They better not disappoint him again!

I think there is a fair shot tax reform, in some form, gets done. In fact, I think it likely. One, the congress, esp the repubs, need to produce something as they haven't gotten anything done. Anything of consequence anyway. Two, both parties want some tax reform so that should make it easier. Three, Trump has changed quite a bit over the last month. Seems to me Kelly has been able to put a grip on a dysfunctional WH. Four, Trump has some leverage. He already went to MO last week to tout tax reform and will be in ND next week to tout it. Why? Both are RED states that voted for him and both have female democratic senators up for reelection next year. He is going to go to all states that look like that and tell the voters to not vote for that senator unless they vote for tax reform. Really can't see how they can blow this one.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

If that tax "reform" comes out with any cut for rich people that will be the final nail in his coffin I would think. That won't fly with his staunchest supporters yet Republican congress will push for it. I buy the corporate tax rate deduction and the repatriation of overseas money for it's trickle down benefits but not tax cuts for millionaires. Get ready for another circus.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        If that tax "reform" comes out with any cut for rich people that will be the final nail in his coffin I would think.
        Popper,

I've got to believe that lowering the highest marginal tax rate for the wealthy and eliminating the Inheritance Tax are Trump's very top priorities.

As far as tax cuts which will actually benefit the middle class...I'll keep my butt hole well lubricated to ease the pain of the fucking we'll get.

Comment

The one I don't think they should do away with is the inheritance tax. See no reason to do away with it. If I am not mistaken part of Reagan's tax cuts was to lower tax rates and pay for it with some increases in corporate taxes. Not sure how you can cut all tax rates unless you buy 100% into the mythical 'there will be more jobs and people will get raises and pay more taxes'. While that may happen it has been and will be minimal
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            Popper,

I've got to believe that lowering the highest marginal tax rate for the wealthy and eliminating the Inheritance Tax are Trump's very top priorities.

As far as tax cuts which will actually benefit the middle class...I'll keep my butt hole well lubricated to ease the pain of the fucking we'll get.
            Like I said before, I think that cutting the corporate tax rate helps keep businesses here so I like that part. A poor guy never gave me a job and business fuels the economy. I get that. The Kennedys kept all of their money in the Caymans and got to pass it down tax free. I imagine all rich people do or did that shit. I have no problem with inheritance taxes that are graduated like everything else.

All of that said Dicky I am totally ready to get porked again when this all comes down. I also know that no matter what they come up with it will become another political football. At this point I'm settling for anything that doesn't get us nuked by Korea and calling it a day!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X