Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwartz playcalling and some defensive thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwartz playcalling and some defensive thoughts...

I'm still sitting here wondering why Schwartz didn't alter his scheme and have the DBs get up on the Giants WRs and start pressing them. I know the injuries, and bla bla bla. But, it was obvious that the Giants were going to get the ball out quick, on short drops, and having the DBs play 10 yards off, soft, was giving them exactly what they wanted. As a result, Manning was virtually untouched all game, and threw for 366 yards and 3TDs.

O.K., you're afraid of getting beat over the top. I get that. But, that scheme was not working. I thought for sure he would adjust that, and try to take away the short timing routes.

Schwartz saved Doug's ass with that total run sellout pinching 7 guys and Vinny exploding off of the line for the goal line stuff. They must have all chose the same snap count too because what do you lose if you're offside? 2 inches. They hammered him on the 3 yard line. They all got off quicker than the Giant O line. Great call!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It seemed to work most of the game. What changed? Our injuries so I wonder if they just were so concerned about being decimated that they were afraid to make a change
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        It seemed to work most of the game. What changed? Our injuries so I wonder if they just were so concerned about being decimated that they were afraid to make a change
        That's Schwartz's strategy. He said that he had to blitz less last year beecause he had no faith in his dbs. He wants more guys defending. He's a real don't get beat deep guy. With the Giant speed that they have at wr I guess that you have to think that way. Maybe he should have pressed at the LOS more with those quick throws though. I don't think he trusted our D line once Cox went out. That changes everything on our defense. He's the key to the whole thing IMO. There's a reason he makes $100 million.

Comment

IMO he didn't have the personnel to change. It takes a lot of energy to press. 2 Of arguably your best players were down. Cox wasn't there, Hicks wasn't there and Chris Fucking Maragos was basicly a full time player yesterday. There wasn't much depth left. If Ertz doesn't fumble and we don't give up the one long play to Shepperd and the one to the back, it could be argued that it worked.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post

I have to believe the heat (around 100 degrees on the playing field) played a big role on our decimated defense in the 4th quarter when NY scored ALL it's 24 points.

Comment

clearly just losing Cox allowed the Vagiants OLine to only have to block everyone else 1:1. It's amazing the affect he has on the rest of our D Line

same with Maragos. Getting beat over the top was a certainty if we didn't back up.

I was fine with it until Odell made those 2 ridiculous TD catches.

the Sheppard 75 yarder was all on Maragos. He should never be on the field as a safety. If he is, the D scheme changes whether we like it or not

can't really blame Schwartz too much. The personnel at the end was the issue. We were lucky to escape with the win

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                clearly just losing Cox allowed the Vagiants OLine to only have to block everyone else 1:1. It's amazing the affect he has on the rest of our D Line

same with Maragos. Getting beat over the top was a certainty if we didn't back up.

I was fine with it until Odell made those 2 ridiculous TD catches.

the Sheppard 75 yarder was all on Maragos. He should never be on the field as a safety. If he is, the D scheme changes whether we like it or not
                He won't play next week unless Jenkins gets hurtWe should be getting either McLeod ,Graham or Watkins or even Elston could play. Hell, even an orange construction cone would be better.

Comment

Working...
                X