Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Trade for Michael Bennett

Marcus Johnson and a 5th for Bennett and a 7th

All Hail Howie, he just got a Pro Bowl end for the 6th wide receiver and the equivalent of a 6th round pick.

Bennetts cap hit this year is 1.6 million. But who cares as Howie keeps making moves when others say he can't
    Last edited by taz; 03-07-2018, 02:46 PM.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Safe to say that Curry is gone now.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Curry yes and Howie probably gets more for him that he just traded for Bennett. Also hearing some rumblings that Graham wants to be the highest paid DE in the league. Eagles can't do that. He could be on the move.

Comment

I was wondering what Graham’s asking price would be. If that’s true, he’s gotta be moved.

Comment

Think about this the Eagles traded a 7th and Matt Tobin for a 5th, now they traded a 5th for Michael Bennett and a 7th. Essentially they traded Tobin and Johnson for Bennett. That is just amazing.

Comment

May as let Graham walk next year. But this definitely means that Curry is gone, and it is insurance against Graham walking as well. If we manage to re-sign Graham, we can cut Bennett next year.

Eagles have to cut $10 million via cuts before March 14. Cutting Curry would be half of that, but if we want to trade him, we have to cut elsewhere first. We'd also have to cut more before finalizing the Bennett trade. But this is a fascinating solution to the Curry/Graham conundrum.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Think about this the Eagles traded a 7th and Matt Tobin for a 5th, now they traded a 5th for Michael Bennett and a 7th. Essentially they traded Tobin and Johnson for Bennett. That is just amazing.
              Yeah, it's even possible they swap the original picks in the Tobin trade again. It would be better for the Eagles to give up our 5th rather than theirs, and get their 7th back instead of our original 7th, but we'll see.

Comment

Can we trade Graham this year and use those dollars to redo Curry and Bennett? If Graham is really looking for Huge dollars, this would seem best. Like that we are still looking to add fastballs. He is a nut, but at least he is our nut.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                  May as let Graham walk next year. But this definitely means that Curry is gone, and it is insurance against Graham walking as well. If we manage to re-sign Graham, we can cut Bennett next year.

Eagles have to cut $10 million via cuts before March 14. Cutting Curry would be half of that, but if we want to trade him, we have to cut elsewhere first. We'd also have to cut more before finalizing the Bennett trade. But this is a fascinating solution to the Curry/Graham conundrum.
                  10 million is not the right number. They only have to cut about 4 million.

Comment

Don't know about all the #'s, but I have a bit of skepticism nagging on one of my shoulders.

He is 32, he is nuts, but he is also a bit of a clubhouse lawyer/social advocate--- just saying there are things that just get a few of my (remaining ) hairs to stand up a bit.

Why would Seattle do this? Just seems a tooooo easy to me. Seattle needs an all pro D-Linemen more than they need Johnson and our 5th..... just wondering!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      Don't know about all the #'s, but I have a bit of skepticism nagging on one of my shoulders.

He is 32, he is nuts, but he is also a bit of a clubhouse lawyer/social advocate--- just saying there are things that just get a few of my (remaining ) hairs to stand up a bit.

Why would Seattle do this? Just seems a tooooo easy to me. Seattle needs an all pro D-Linemen more than they need Johnson and our 5th..... just wondering!
                      I see your point MD. But I also think Seattle realizes they need to get younger on defense. I think Sherman is gone soon too!

Comment

He will fit fine in this clubhouse, who is more of a clubhouse lawyer/social advocate than Malcolm Jenkins?

Seattle is blowing it up. Sherman is gone etc.

Either way this is a low risk move.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          He will fit fine in this clubhouse, who is more of a clubhouse lawyer/social advocate than Malcolm Jenkins?

Seattle is blowing it up. Sherman is gone etc.

Either way this is a low risk move.
                          1 is an assumption on your part, nobody knows how this will affect the clubhouse and team chemistry--- it is just an unknown until we see it play out.

2. They maybe doing a remake-- but you just don't give away an all pro DE for what we gave them.

3. Again I am not sure how risky it is or not when you are talking about a 32 year old guy... hopefully you are right and he comes here with a point to prove.

Comment

1 is an assumption on your part, nobody knows how this will affect the clubhouse and team chemistry--- it is just an unknown until we see it play out.

2. They maybe doing a remake-- but you just don't give away an all pro DE for what we gave them.

3. Again I am not sure how risky it is or not when you are talking about a 32 year old guy... hopefully you are right and he comes here with a point to prove.
                            I hear ya and understand what you are saying. I am just saying that this team under Lurie is very tolerant of social movements. Watching the guy play last year, father time has not caught up with him yet. His deal is basically one year, so if he doesn't work out you cut him and there is no cap hit as Seattle took that already.

Time will tell if this effects the chemistry. I think he will love playing here with the others around him.

Comment

As the Jaguars were taking a knee, Bennett went low on Jaguars center Brandon Linder. The reckless play incited a scuffle between the two teams, and Bennett somehow wasn’t ejected. He could be seen going after Linder a second time.

Sheldon Richardson would be ejected for his role in the scuffle, but Bennett should probably expect discipline from the league office. Bennett didn’t offer an explanation for the dirty hit after the game.

Bob Condotta
                              @bcondotta
                              Michael Bennett, asked what happened at end, said "I don't have to explain myself."

8:27 PM - Dec 10, 2017
                              182 people are talking about this
                              Twitter Ads info and privacy
                              The loss dropped Seattle to seventh place in t
                              /////////////////////////////////////////////

Just saying there a couple of gnawing things.....

Comment

Working...
                              X