No announcement yet.

Next 7 days should be fascinating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to keep everyone around another year, but the reality is we have a bunch of guys coming back from injury, they are going to affect the roster, you have draft picks and they will push guys off the roster and if this team continues to hit on undrafted FAs , they will push guys off the roster.
    I can't imagine that they are entering this offseason blind, deaf and dumb. I'm sure they have an idea of how they want to deal with things. Curry didn't earn $12 mill a season, best case we redo his contract to a far better number and he takes some DT reps and plays DE, otherwise he has to go. After seeing Antonio Brown rework this season into a bonus and freeing up nearly $10 mill, I believe we will be fine cap wise, but we still need to cut the guys who aren't producing per their contract or fix the contract. Darby, Celek , McCloud and Smith fall into that category IMO.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
    X