Not all Gnat Fans Love Shockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all Gnat Fans Love Shockey

I thought that this RANT posted by "Great White Ghost" on the NY Giants Message Boards was sufficiently interesting to post here, because it reflects the views of not only many non-Gnat fans around the country, but also of many OBJECTIVE Gnat fans. The guy really calls out Shockey and his pubescent fans on the board. (I edited it slightly for spelling and punctuation to improve clarity, and also deleted some superfluous rambling.)

It's kind of long, but it is entertaining:

"Shockey said we would see the real Shockey today.

We did.

Self absorbed, out of control, and blaming others. Not a team Player. Not the kind of guy you need around when the shit hits the fan and cool heads are needed to even stay in the fight. That we had some fight in us is no thanks to Shockey.

He's right, of course. We did, in fact, get outcoached, and outplayed.

The point of saying this openly, publicly, was what, exactly? It could work out to make the Giants a better team this year how?

Every year, Shockey partys in Miami in the offseason, while the other receivers work out with Eli. And every year, a group of Gangsta Fans shows up (here)…young punks who know nothing about football, teamwork, and competitiveness, chemistry, effort, self sacrifice. And these Imbeciles who get their education about football from madden, think they have a clue and go on about how, "He's a young guy, let him live his life and have some fun." Bah!!

All you morons, listen up. Clean the crap out of your ears and hear me. THERE IS A REASON WE WHO KNOW GET PO'D EVERY YEAR WHEN HIM AND JOSEPH AND BURRESS DONT WORK OUT WITH THE TEAM.. THERE IS A REASON TOOMER IS THE TEAMS #1 WIDEOUT. IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE, THEN I POINT YOU TO THE STATS, WHICH SAY TOOMER HAS MORE TDs, COMPLETIONS AND YARDS, SO DONT EVER TELL ME A DAMMN THING ABOUT PLAX BEING #1, HE IS NOT, AND THAT IS A STATISTICAL FACT, HOMEYS.

It's because we who know, those of us who have watched the Giants for decades, those of us who bleed blue, we know a train wreck when it's coming.

You wonder why Shockey is always hurt? You wonder why He and Burress don’t get as many catches as they should, why their routes are blown, why there is confusion when the ball is supposed to go to them? Why old man Toomer is blowing them both away? Because he is a team player, and worked at his craft while your boys, who are all about "ME," were busy getting their dicks sucked by strippers in Miami. That's the bottom line!

It is all of a piece, my friends. Is this the first time we have seen Shockey throw tantrums, lose his composure and affect those around him on the sidelines? Is this the first time he has thrown fellow Giants under the bus?

NO!!

Last year it was Eli, who ate “crap” to say to the media that is was no big deal that Jeremy wasn’t here in the offseason. Today, he throws Coughlin under the bus.
    Did any of you see him crying on the sidelines? I did. I saw as Shockey cried, and wiped the tears from his eyes. He is not a team player .He is all about him. He didn’t cry for Giant’s pride. He cried for his pride. He has no dignity in a crisis.He cant be counted on in clutch.

For the next 2 weeks, it will be all over the press, the papers, the media, these forums, what Shockey said, and his attitude, and how he isnt clutch, and how he is a divisive force in the locker room. There will be turmoil because of these things. And yet, in the midst of all this turmoil, the shockeyites will say that it isnt his fault, get of his back, leave him be, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and in the midst of all this horsecrap swirling around him and burress, these clowns still wont get it, and they will still maintain that he isn't an issue, his attitude isn't an issue, his work ethic isn't an issue, the fact he isn't a team player isn't an issue, him throwing the team leaders, who are bigger than him under the bus isn't an issue, and these people who live in a fantasy world still will not recognize the dissent and turmoil they cause, that shockey causes, even as they defend him from any and all criticism.

I say that these people are themselves self centered loudmouth gangsta punks who love Shockey because they live vicariously through him and wish it was themselves with the money and the bucks and the titty whores on their arm, not because they are Giants fans, or because they have the slightest clue what it takes to be a champion, which is what the rest of us see he is lacking, even with all his potential.

We are still pulling for him, but as long as morons like you guys keep making excuses for him, he can keep propping himself up, until the next implosion and the next time he throws a teammate under the bus.

Some day, a few years from now, and for the rest of his life, when he is out of football( probably from a chronic injury that could have been avoided had he stayed in NY in the offseason), he will sit around bitterly lamenting to himself what could have been, and never was. Only then, will he understand what he wasted, and he will be willing to give anything to go back, and have one more shot at a championship he never got( cause NY won without him the year after he went to the Dolphins)."

Shockey is talented...not nearly as talented as he and some of his supporters believe...but he is also remarkably stupid and immature. Aside from his 50 cent brain, he drops as many BIG PASSES as he catches. I'm REAL he's on the Gnats.

Wow, what a read! And notice, you could replace the name "Jeremy Shockey" with "Terrell Owens" about a lot of the me-first type stuff..........
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Just reemphasizes why I like AR's (for the most part) good character guys!

Comment

Working...
      X