Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    No you won’t!!!!!
    OK, Patriot fan!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      Duce !!!
      Love Duce but he was the assistant head coach this year as well as the RB coach. He had a say into the game plans already. It almost has to be from the outside.

The real interesting thing here is will Doug give up the play calling?
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Can't see Doug give up play calling but creating game plans is definitely in the works. Caldwell makes a ton of sense but I think a guy with a background in the college spread offenses especially the passing game might be a good choice

Comment

Connor Barwin coming back to NovaCare to work in the FO:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...elphia-joining

Comment

Eagles hired Connor Barwin was special assistant to the general manager.
            Barwin will serve in a variety of roles, including scouting in the offseason. He has already attended East-West Shrine Bowl practices and will hit up the Senior Bowl next week. Barwin will focus on "player development" during the regular campaign. Still only 33, Barwin officially retired in October.
            Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
            Jan 17, 2020, 5:31 PM ET
            https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...dlines/9501216

Comment

Barwin took to Philly well and he won some hearts with his play. Not sure of his qualifications to evaluate but I think he relates to players pretty well. I wonder if this isn't more of an internship thing to get his foot in the door.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Barwin took to Philly well and he won some hearts with his play. Not sure of his qualifications to evaluate but I think he relates to players pretty well. I wonder if this isn't more of an internship thing to get his foot in the door.
                I think that's exactly what he is ND, just with a fancy title.

Comment

the do have a bunch of undersized DEs, Barwin has something to offer
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    the do have a bunch of undersized DEs, Barwin has something to offer
                    I think that DE is our biggest need on the team going into 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      just my opinion, but if Jackson/Cox and Jernigan/Rush can be dominant up front, the ends should thrive. May as well coach them up too. If those guys up front can dominate, the back 7 will look better too. I'm extremely anxious to watch this stuff play out.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I sure wouldn't say it is our biggest need 60. However, I would say you should always be looking to bring in a young DLineman to push the others and compete for a job and if there is a DE who is BPA then you should draft him. If I were advising I would recommend looking for a DE to replace Graham as the starter in two years
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Really? Wow, not at the top of my list.

Comment

You know what 60 after what I saw this weekend from the 49ers I'd almost say you are right. You win in the NFL on defense by getting to the other teams QB and on the way stopping their run game.

I would have zero problem with the Birds taking a gifted edge rusher like A.J. Epenesa in round one. I get it... we don't need another DL... but Barnett gets hurt a lot, Graham is getting older and does anyone really trust Sweat, Curry, Hall, or Shareef Miller long-term?

Then go WR in round 2. There are going to be guys there.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'd go LB at #1 before I went DE.

Unless there is somebody--- that "Can't-Miss" and is a beast at DE.

Comment

Ideas will be all over the board this year. I also would love to see an LB with strength and speed to pair with Edwards.
                                But a #1 WR is my go to and then all of the others. I am even coming around on S Jones. The kid sure has the tools but he hasn't shown more than a flash or two in three years.
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X