• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Banner on with Mikey Miss

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/e...tryID=10209060

Just an FYI

Banner with about a 25min conversation with Mike Missanelli

Thanks for the link. I have to say I'm not a big fan of Banner's but I really have a new respect for him when you hear him speak directly about the "statements" that he's quoted on. Clearly a lot of stuff is taken out of context with him and he sounds much worse than he probably should. I'm still not a fan, but I did find him to be a little more genuine than I have found him in the past.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Banner is getting BETTER with his public speaking.....which didn't take much. But he still makes stupid statements and comparisons....like us to the Steelers.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        ....like us to the Steelers.
        Did you listen to the interview Fresh? That's the first thing he talks about and if what he is saying is true then the way he's being portrayed is really unfair. Like I said I'm not a big fan of Banner, but I do feel a little better knowing that the FO isn't quite as delusional as the media makes them out to be!!

If you haven't listened to the interview yet, then you should. He says several times that if possible he would change places with the Steelers.

Comment

I listened to/watched the original interview when he said it. He can try to make it like he's being misunderstood now, but he did make an ass out of himself with the comparison.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Oh that's just great. You're telling me that they really ARE as delusional as they've been portrayed!!

Comment

JUkin - the last time I heard Banner talk to Mike Miss, he tried to tell him that he had no idea why people regard him and the FO as arrogant. He tried to sell the listeners that he (Joe) was hurt that people regarded him as arrogant. Well, that's because you are, you stupid jackass.

You wanna not sound arrogant? Stop snickering when you answer questions with a "thats for us to know and you to find out when we tell you" tone.

Comment

Fans are a lot more arrogant than anyone in the NFL is. I have never blamed him for talking down to the fans because 95% of them are stone cold morons. Not a shot at anyone on this board.

But I don't really care what he says I care about how the Eagles play. If he wants to tell people that he is Banner Christ and goes and preaches Bannerology to people I don't really care as long as the Eagles win a SB.

We have guys on the Eagles that are just as if not more arrogant than Banner.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

That is not the point, Blitz. Nobody really cares whether Banner thinks his shit doesn't stink. What people question is whether he, and the Eagles FO, are truly content with the level of success they have achieved. Comparing ourselves to the most successful SB winning teams of this era definitely brings that into question. He's being called on it and backpedalling.

I agree with you and others that I care far less aout what he says, than about what happens on the field. But I'll always be there to call BS on the "Gold Standard", "Best roster in the league", "comparable to the Steelers success" comments when they get thrown out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    That is not the point, Blitz. Nobody really cares whether Banner thinks his shit doesn't stink. What people question is whether he, and the Eagles FO, are truly content with the level of success they have achieved. Comparing ourselves to the most successful SB winning teams of this era definitely brings that into question. He's being called on it and backpedalling.

I agree with you and others that I care far less aout what he says, than about what happens on the field. But I'll always be there to call BS on the "Gold Standard", "Best roster in the league", "comparable to the Steelers success" comments when they get thrown out there.
                    The guy just makes you want to puke doesn't he Fresh? He's a snake oil salesman.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I know Missanelli makes me want to puke, what a fucking tool he is.
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

oh god, I'd forgotten about the "best roster in the league" comment.

I dunno how I feel about Joe sometimes. Is it better to have some slick talking huckster (like say, Goodell) selling you a bill of goods and have no Super Bowl or is it better to have a smarmy weasel selling you a bill of goods and have no Super Bowl? At least with Joe, you're never buying anything he says.

Comment

Working...
                        X