Mostert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mostert

Wish the Birds would have had a chance to sign a back with his speed, power and quicks.....heh heh.

Another in a long line of Chip Kelly mistakes. It came down to him or Barner. They kept Barner who is still an NFL player. But you could see Mosert's ability in that training camp.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I disagree. You never know what these backs are going to do and I remember Barner showed more ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, return punts, etc., than Mostert so they went with him.

Backs like Mostert are a dime a dozen. Draft one or sign one and run him into the ground. Mostert is just another in a long line of 1-3 year wonders. He is much more likely to have a career like Latavious Murray than he is to have a career like Arian Foster... two runners that I think he has a similar style to.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

from what I saw of the GB defense, Sanders could have run for 350 yesterday
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Unfortunately Kelly did all of his shopping in the PAC 12 because he was familiar with the players in that conference. Ignoring the SEC is a fools game if you ask me.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Many people passed on this guy..... many times..... it happens.

Comment

Exactly MD. I mean the guy was cut 5x. It is a GREAT personal story for him but this is a non-story for the Eagles. He didn't fit at the time and ended up fitting for the 49ers now. Keep in mind, he was relegated to like 4th string and they had a rash of injuries also to get him on the field to begin with so even the 49ers who saw him every day didn't think much of him.

Again... Great story. Seems like a great kid with a chip on his shoulder but NFL rosters are full of Mosterts just waiting for a chance. Especially at RB.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
              X