No announcement yet.

SOURCE: NFL lock-out almost over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's going to be very difficult to screw this up"......."things almost blew up yesterday".........

Man oh man......see what happens when the lawyers for a bunch of billionaires have an argument with the lawyers for a bunch of millionaires?
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Haha...Nice.

Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, apparently reacting to reports that some of the plaintiffs in the Brady lawsuit were stalling negotiations with their demands, voiced his displeasure Tuesday afternoon on Twitter.

"Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. 'Congrats Brees, Manning, Mankins, and Jackson for being 'that guy'. #d-----bags," he wrote.

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-logan-mankins

New CBA Being Held Up By Vincent Jackson And Logan Mankins? Update - Owners Say Yes

Daniel Kaplan quotes a source clearly from the owners camp who says the delay is over Mankins and Jackson demanding payment.
        "They are stalling after two years of effort I was told by a union official they could do it by phone last week (reform their union). Stalling to get the 20 million for Jackson and Mankins.”
        CBS Sports is reporting that one of the stumbling blocks preventing the players from approving a new CBA yesterday was that Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson, both plaintiffs in the "Brady case," have continued to insist that they deserve $10 million in cash compensation as part of a settlement in the case.

The source in the article says that as of late last night, neither player's representatives had dropped their request and the NFL will not agree to pay them.

Both players have been negatively affected by the franchise tag, which they see as a restraint of trade and believe the owners owe them compensation. They are absolutely right about what the tag is, but the fact is that it was something collectively bargained by their union. Why the owners should now be liable for utilizing a device the players agreed to is hard to understand.

Reports were that last night the players did agree to conditionally approve a new CBA, but the condition was that the Brady case plaintiffs settle or drop their claims. Effectively, they've put the onus on those players now.
        If Mankins and Jackson continue to hold up a deal and extend the lockout further, they may be on their way to being the most despised players in the NFL. And not just by fans. This week, Vikings punter Chris Kluwe called the Brady plaintiffs "greedy" and "douchebags."
        "Sigh, and once again greed is the operative byword. Congrats [Drew] Brees, [Peyton] Manning, Mankins, and Jackson for being 'that guy.' #douchebags"

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...obal-agreement

Report: Owners Could Vote On Non-Global Agreement

You've probably heard the phrase "global agreement" thrown around in relation to the NFL lockout in recent weeks. Basically, it refers to an agreement that would cover all the current issues between the owners and players. That means the new collective bargaining agreement which would set the rules for players movement, contracts, practices, virtually everything.

Then of course the two sides need to come to an agreement on potential damages in the TV money case as well as settle the Brady lawsuit. So when the owners specifically speak about a "global agreement" they want to to settle these lawsuits and get a new CBA all in one shot. Unfortunately, the snags we talked about earlier in the Brady case may prevent that and the owners reportedly could vote to approve the new CBA without settling the other matters.

In other words, there would be an agreement, but it wouldn't be "global." Whether or not that means that the league can open up for business isn't clear at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            Haha...Nice.
            Those guys didn't care about anyone else but themselves. I laughed whenver I would hear Drew Sleeze talk about 'us' when mentioning the players.
            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I have no doubt the players and their dickhead lawyer will fuck this up and delay things

I just hope the delay isn't long and doesn't get the owners so pissed that it blows up

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                I have no doubt the players and their dickhead lawyer will fuck this up and delay things

I just hope the delay isn't long and doesn't get the owners so pissed that it blows up
                I have no doubts either. For all the talk of owners being greedy the players are just as greedy as any of them.

I don't think it's going to be very easy.
                FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Demaurice Smith now saying, per ESPN, that they haven't seen the actual agreement yet, and there may have been a couple of surprise parts of it. They may be feeling that the NFL simply approved their side's proposal to get people's hopes up and let the players take the blame if they reject it.

Comment

I wish someone would kick that little Redskin loving douche right in his little nads.
                    FRESH > cancer

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...el-for-demands

NFL Lockout: Logan Mankins' Agent Blames NFLPA Counsel For Demands

It's been widely reported that a stumbling block in the ratification of a new CBA is that plaintiffs in the Brady Bunch case, namely Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson have demanded settlements of $10 million before agreeing to drop the case. Now previously, Jackson has twittered that he has made no such demands, yet reporters have cited sources on both sides saying that in fact those demands have been made.

Now, Frank Bauer, agent to Mankins, has laid the blame at the feet of NFLPA lead counsel Jeff Kessler, who he implies is the one making the demand without even communicating with Mankins.
                      "I think it's realy unfair what has happened to Logan Mankins in media characterizations that he is making monetary demands or holding up a settlement," Bauer told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

"Logan Mankins is a young man who was encouraged and solicited into a lawsuit to help the union spearhead a new agreement. Logan's main concern for entering into as a plaintiff was to see if he can become free and help other players have less restrictions. For people to say he has made monetary demands, he hasn't made any such demand. We don't know terms. We haven't talked to (NFLPA attorney) Jeff Kessler. There has been no communication, but it's irresponsible to report Logan has made monetary demands.

"Are we disappointed there has been no communication? Hugely. He trusted the union and Kessler to fight for Logan Mankins and the other players."
                      You mean a lawyer is actually to blame. Shocker!

Mortenson also reports that part of the proposed settlement the two sides are being asked to vote on is that the Brady Bunch will get no monetary or tactical (becoming unrestricted free agents) benefits. Obviously Kessler doesn't like that, probably because he would get a cut of that... But at least from what the agent says, he is not making these demands in accordance with the wishes of his clients. In fact, he seems to be making them despite their wishes.

It would seem that Chris Kluwe might owe these guys an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                        Demaurice Smith now saying, per ESPN, that they haven't seen the actual agreement yet, and there may have been a couple of surprise parts of it. They may be feeling that the NFL simply approved their side's proposal to get people's hopes up and let the players take the blame if they reject it.
                        I was thinking the exact same thing.

This is nasty warfare.

Comment

I can understand the players themselves may not have read the agreement, but i find it unbelievable that NFLPA attorney's haven't been negotiating each clause word by word over the last few weeks!
                          Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                            I can understand the players themselves may not have read the agreement, but i find it unbelievable that NFLPA attorney's haven't been negotiating each clause word by word over the last few weeks!
                            This is spot on. Just more gamesmanship by both sides. What a bunch of complete assholes run this game.

Comment

The biggest thing I see right now is the players have been left in the dark by their leadership. If I was them I would vote to fire DeMoron Smith as soon as this is done. When you listen to the 32 players reps and they are all saying differnet things, they don't even know whats in the deal etc. That stems from poor communication. All the things that they didn't have the paperwork etc is really bullcrap. Its not up the Owners to give the players a copy of the paperwork, that was collectlively bargained together by both sides. DeMoron Smith should have had a copy just like Rodger Goodell did.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

This seems pretty normal to me. A contract never has 100% approval. That's why you discuss things and then vote. Just because the owners and media told you it was a done deal doesn't mean it's so. It's disappointing, but also SOP. This is a 10 year deal and they shouldn't sign something that they will regret down the road.
                                Last edited by Eagle60; 07-22-2011, 09:08 AM.
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X