More trouble in Big D? Now Zeke wants more dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trouble in Big D? Now Zeke wants more dough

Report: Is Zeke Elliott planning to hold out of training camp?
    Jul
    7/15/2019 1:17:00 PM
    |More
    Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he will hold out of training camp unless he gets a new contract according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.com.

The Cowboys have not been focusing on signing Elliott to a new deal because he still has two years left (with the fifth-year option) on his rookie contract. They instead rewarded pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence, who played on the franchise tag last year, and are working to sign both quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper-both of whom are scheduled to become free agents after the 2019 season. Due to make a salary of $3.85 million this year and $9.09 million in 2020, Elliott ultimately could looking for at least $10 million per year

Elliott making a stand now makes good business sense as his value to the Cowboys (or any other NFL team) could plummet with another two years of heavy wear-and-tear and the NFL's penchant for seriously devaluing running backs. But the Cowboys, however supportive they may appear in public, may be reluctant to sign their workhorse back longterm considering he is again dealing in with another off-the-field issue after an altercation with a Las Vegas security guard in May.

Given their other pressing issues, it seems unlikely the Cowboys will re-sign Elliott this summer unless he is willing to take a team-friendly deal and they certainly cannot afford to sign him before theylock down Prescott and Cooper. It will be interesting to see if Zeke follows through on the holdout threat.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Report: Is Zeke Elliott planning to hold out of training camp?
    Jul
    7/15/2019 1:17:00 PM
    |More
    Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he will hold out of training camp unless he gets a new contract according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.com.

The Cowboys have not been focusing on signing Elliott to a new deal because he still has two years left (with the fifth-year option) on his rookie contract. They instead rewarded pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence, who played on the franchise tag last year, and are working to sign both quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper-both of whom are scheduled to become free agents after the 2019 season. Due to make a salary of $3.85 million this year and $9.09 million in 2020, Elliott ultimately could looking for at least $10 million per year

Elliott making a stand now makes good business sense as his value to the Cowboys (or any other NFL team) could plummet with another two years of heavy wear-and-tear and the NFL's penchant for seriously devaluing running backs. But the Cowboys, however supportive they may appear in public, may be reluctant to sign their workhorse back longterm considering he is again dealing in with another off-the-field issue after an altercation with a Las Vegas security guard in May.

Given their other pressing issues, it seems unlikely the Cowboys will re-sign Elliott this summer unless he is willing to take a team-friendly deal and they certainly cannot afford to sign him before theylock down Prescott and Cooper. It will be interesting to see if Zeke follows through on the holdout threat.
    Yes, please!

Comment

Comment

I'd be kind of surprised if he does. He's got two years left, and they have a couple of guys that they absolutely have to get signed first. And, if he does hold out, I don't expect it to linger into the season.

But, if it does, that'd be great.

Comment

I'd be happy to go down to the Big D and pour a little gas on that fire if it would help
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

hopefully he signs a mega deal, reports out of shape and suffers a career ending injury and kills the cap for Jerruh
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              hopefully he signs a mega deal, reports out of shape and suffers a career ending injury and kills the cap for Jerruh
              Perfect
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

More trouble in Big D Now Zeke wants more dough

Heck no coony if they all post we will be like the bullet, we don't want that do we?

Now if we could get all of them to a race track at one time then we would have a race.

_____
                XEvil 4.0 + RCModule: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2

Comment

??????

Comment

Bison 2.0

Comment

But she is a hotty looking for a solid man
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        But she is a hotty looking for a solid man
                        I actually miss that turkey lol. Great comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by FannieAttap View Post
                          Heck no coony if they all post we will be like the bullet, we don't want that do we?

Now if we could get all of them to a race track at one time then we would have a race.

_____
                          XEvil 4.0 + RCModule: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2

I think the early onset dementia my wife keeps attributing to me may be spot on. The above post has me saying to myself, "WTF does that mean?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            I think the early onset dementia my wife keeps attributing to me may be spot on. The above post has me saying to myself, "WTF does that mean?"
                            I don’t believe it’s your dementia.

Comment

Russian trolls!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X