The elephant in the room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elephant in the room.

I think the odds of having football this year are dropping by the day. Until people feel safe in a crowd again I don't think it will happen unless something dramatic happens. Maybe they can shorten the season but that's about it.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

They might not do OTAs, but there is time for camp and the season. People are going to go nuts for sporting events as soon as they receive the all clear signal. I'm not missing football this year !!!!
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      They might not do OTAs, but there is time for camp and the season. People are going to go nuts for sporting events as soon as they receive the all clear signal. I'm not missing football this year !!!!
      I'll go nuts too Bud but just prepare yourself. Shit!

Comment

Yea I think they will miss OTAs and maybe even have a shortened training camp but I believe they will be playing by mid September
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I hate to say it but this thing isn‘t going away any time soon. We will likely see a reduction in cases and will return to a more relaxed, semi-normal life style in early summer. But this thing is a virus and they mutate and change quickly, adapting to new environments and spreading through the same groups they previously infected in an earlier version. By late fall and early winter we may well be dealing with the next wave of the mutated virus. They need to find a vaccine that works on the core of the virus, protecting people from multiple strains.

Coronavirus has been around for a long time in other animals so they may be able to identify base elements to target with a vaccine. This is a new strain for sure and the rush to get people some protection is likely taking focus away from a wider vaccine. Given time we will get there but I expect another bout of this next fall or early winter.

As for sports, the leagues, and the players for that matter have far too much money at stake to miss entire seasons. They may quarantine the teams and play in empty stadiums or a thousand other alternatives, but they will find a way to get something on the air. There is too much money at stake and too many greedy people to allow the season to slip away.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Jukin I have to agree. Things will return to semi-normal. My hope is that they do come up with a vaccine, as I believe that this may become seasonal

Comment

Doesn't flu season start around the September or October. No vaccine =no season.

Comment

Working...
              X