Viva La France!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viva La France!

While channel surfing over the weekend I came across an Arena Football game and saw who was kickick the EP.None other than one of last years kickers on the Birds,Todd France.I thought the guy actually did a decent job but I got thinking about what a disaste the ST's were last year.Just amazing how easily we take David Akers for granted because the guy has been incredibly consistent.I'm just praying that Akers can stay healthy for a full season in'06.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

J- I agree I'm not sure the "run of the mill " fans releaize what a big part Akers plays.

But on the same topic-- this entire squad needs health.... can't expect 100% but we're due for some good health news this season!

Comment

Re: Viva La France!

Originally posted by j-bird
      While channel surfing over the weekend I came across an Arena Football game and saw who was kickick the EP.None other than one of last years kickers on the Birds,Todd France.I thought the guy actually did a decent job but I got thinking about what a disaste the ST's were last year.Just amazing how easily we take David Akers for granted because the guy has been incredibly consistent.I'm just praying that Akers can stay healthy for a full season in'06.
      Behind your observation is a truth most Eagles ?fans? have conveniently overlooked. With the injuries to Akers and Johnson last year we were crippled on our STs. That had a terrible effect on both our O and our D.

Comment

and Reed....your starting P, K and returner all gone....
        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I believe he kicks for the Soul. Incidentally, there's another Arena League kicker named Frantz. They're really cornering the market.

Comment

By the way, to reference a point in j-bird's initial post, Todd France is absolutely good enough to be an NFL field goal kicker. An above-average one even. But he was really, really bad on kickoffs, bad enough that the Eagles allowed Jose Freaking Cortez to wear an Eagles uniform, even for only two seconds. Unless your name is Vanderjagt, that doesn't fly.

Comment

Haven't heard anything about Akers recently. How's he doing, anyway? Last season was certainly not a memorable one for him.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
              X