How many 'Zeros' can you count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Oh jeez......let's all jump off a bridge already. Relax.

If crushing Eagle losses caused fans to jump off bridges, the Delaware River wouldn't have been navigable above the Walt Whitman for the past 10 years.

It's called 'venting'...and given the importance of today's game and the almost total 'No Show' by the Birds, I'd say the reaction on this board is remarkably restrained.

BTW, my reference to 'the last 10 years' is not intentended as a jab at AR. Indeed, it is only the diet of success that Reid has brought us that makes the loses in big games 'crushing'. Before that, we pretty expected to lose all big games as a matter of course!
    Last edited by tinopuno; 01-04-2010, 12:25 AM.

Comment

More typical than restrained, JIMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        I just find it funny that he's been a ghost when they win, and only shows up after losses.
        LD,

Anyone who is paying attention knows what KK's agenda is.

I'm personally looking forward to more of his even-handed observations, especially regarding the position of Eagles' QB.

Comment

We win next week.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
            We win next week.
            maybe, but they just blew their chance to get to the SB

so while beating the Turds next week would be great, it still falls short.
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

toga - wild card teams can get to the Super Bowl.

Comment

I know that. but they showed how difficult it is to do last year. And this year's defense is not as good as last years.

1-2 home games is a much better path than 3 road games.
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

That's putting it mildly. This year's defense is HORRIBLE.

If not for the emergence of DJ, Weaver, McCoy and sometimes Maclin, we'd be a 500 team. Our offense is gonna be great the next couple of years but our defense needs some serious upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                    If crushing Eagle losses caused fans to jump off bridges, the Delaware River wouldn't have been navigable above the Walt Whitman for the past 10 years.

It's called 'venting'...and given the importance of today's game and the almost total 'No Show' by the Birds, I'd say the reaction on this board is remarkably restrained.

BTW, my reference to 'the last 10 years' is not intentended as a jab at AR. Indeed, it is only the diet of success that Reid has brought us that makes the loses in big games 'crushing'. Before that, we pretty expected to lose all big games as a matter of course!
                    Did you just use "diet" and "Reid" in the same sentence?

Comment

i disagree tino about expecting to lose big games before Reid. Maybe it was because I was younger and hadn't been knocked down over and over by the Eagles losses but during the early Reid era and even during the Ray Rhodes/Buddy era, I was always HOPEFUL we'd win. Semi confident we'd win. Talk some trash to other fans type stuff. Now I'm praying we don't blow it.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                        Did you just use "diet" and "Reid" in the same sentence?
                        You got me!

'Diet of success' was a terrible metaphor to use with AR. It should have been 'Smorgasbord of success'.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                          Is it merely coincidence that your last post before today just happened to be the day after the last Eagles loss? Why don't you just keep your hate to yourself.
                          I posted on the other board during all the wins. I just haven't been on this board in awhile, so shove it.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                            i disagree tino about expecting to lose big games before Reid. Maybe it was because I was younger and hadn't been knocked down over and over by the Eagles losses but during the early Reid era and even during the Ray Rhodes/Buddy era, I was always HOPEFUL we'd win. Semi confident we'd win. Talk some trash to other fans type stuff. Now I'm praying we don't blow it.

As an older guy...that's an understatement...who has followed all Phiily pro sports teams since the 50's, I've been well schooled in the art of pessimism.

Comment

we coulda used some ray rhodes yesterday
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinKolb4SB View Post
                                I posted on the other board during all the wins. I just haven't been on this board in awhile, so shove it.
                                I know you posted on the other board. And you haven't posted on the other board since the last loss. Are you trying to tell me that's just coincidence? Or are you just here to rub it in, because you would rather the Eagles lose to advance your agenda, than have them win and you be wrong?
                                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X