Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting that the new #84 is 300% better and 500% more productive for this team than the old #84 was.

I'm hoping that they sign him long term, cause I really think he is going to blossom here.

Don't know who's wearing 84 now, but I presume it's Gaffney? I'll be honest, I haven't seen much of him and don't know what to expect. Outside of seeing his production numbers which would already have him looking to be worlds superior to FredEx.

I love the "Ex" part. As in Ex- Eagle.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It is indeed Gaffney Fresh and he is a big reason I'm pumped about the Eagles offensive prospects this year. He should become a solid #2 this year and if they sign him to a long term deal he should develop into a viable #1 prospect that will keep Brown motivated and pushing our WR for the next 5-6 years. Watch this guy play and you'll become a believer. He still suffers from lack of focus from time to time but Andy has a way of getting guys to concentrate on the field so I'm not overly worried about that. I think they got a steal in him that will pay dividends for a long time to come.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
        It is indeed Gaffney Fresh and he is a big reason I'm pumped about the Eagles offensive prospects this year. He should become a solid #2 this year and if they sign him to a long term deal he should develop into a viable #1 prospect that will keep Brown motivated and pushing our WR for the next 5-6 years. Watch this guy play and you'll become a believer. He still suffers from lack of focus from time to time but Andy has a way of getting guys to concentrate on the field so I'm not overly worried about that. I think they got a steal in him that will pay dividends for a long time to come.
        Plus, he should never ever be MORE movtivated then he will be this year. What he does this year could set the tone for what he earns over the next 10.

This whole team should have a bunch of motivation---- I have no fear on that front --- with me it's always the health front!

Comment

You make me giggle.

You say Andy gets his young guys to stay focused? Like Stinkston in the NFCCG? Not so sure how I feel about that....... However, I'm glad to take a wait and see approach with Gaffney, and hope for the best.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Stinkson lacked focus and a set of cojones in the NFCCG.

I liked Gaffney as a breakout WR in the fantasy league... I'm hoping for the same in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
              You make me giggle.

You say Andy gets his young guys to stay focused? Like Stinkston in the NFCCG? Not so sure how I feel about that....... However, I'm glad to take a wait and see approach with Gaffney, and hope for the best.
              Can happen to ANY coach with any ONE player.

I think if you look at the overall picture AR does indeed generally gets pretty much everything a guy has.

I would use the production of the guys that they didn't resign as sort of a validation on that. With Burgess maybe being the lone exception and the fear here was injury, not focus.

Not many guys have played as well elsewhere as they have here------- coincendence? dunno.

Comment

Well said MD! Fresh I base my view of how well Andy can keep a team focused in part by the number of times I think that a guy is playing "over his head". Then you see guys leave here that we think are huge losses only to have them go somewhere else and stink.

Comment

I think we've seen that more on the defensive side of the ball, Jukin, to which I largely give JJ the credit. JJ knows how to get the most out of his guys abilities. Can't say I always feel the same about the offense.

Comment

Dunno there Freshie,, that O set a few records and was pretty prolific for a couple of years without much "star" like name talent.

Also just worthy of mention, when things go bad it's the HC's responsibility but when things are right it's the co-ordinators?

Comment

The HC is where the buck stops, no doubt. But we ALL know that JJ runs the defense. Reid has a lot more involvement in the offense, including playcalling. Which I am kinda hoping he turns over to Marty this season.

Comment

Fresh we have gotten some serious play out of guys on both sides of the ball. Staley isn't the same player he was here (when he does get his carries) Freddie Mitchell was considered a productive player with a mouth that made his production seem worthless. He wasn't a first round talent but he had a solid place on the team if he shut up. Now he can't even make another team. Meanwhile there are guys like Pinkston, Greg Lewis and Buckhalter who would struggle to make another team as a starter. We get the players here to perform above there ability for the most part. I seriously doubt any other NFL team would depend on Pinky to be their #2.

Comment

Like so many other players on this team - Gaffney has something major to prove. I am very excited to see this kid thrive in our offense. The only thing that concerns me is his lack of WCO experience but overall he's ready to roll.

I love that he and Lito are cousins and very close. That means Gaffney will be looking to establish himself long term here. This is also why I think Pinkston won't make it to September on the roster. The Birds want to give Gaffney and Touchdown Brown the keys to the car and run with it - they'll need to be 100% sure about health and overall ability come game #1 though before they let Pinkston go.
                          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                          Playoff Appearances:
                          NFC Title Games:
                          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                          X