Observations Eagles Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Dolphins

Teams that win in November and December play in January. Buddy Ryan used to say that. Buddy Ryan would never let the pitiful Dolphins put up 37 points against them.

1. Jim Schwartz has to go, its that simple. He had no clue what to do to stop Fitzpatrick today just like he did last year. Fitzpatrick is a bottom tier QB in this league and he just carved you up for 365 yards. Mostly on jump balls that you couldn't figure out a way to stop them. Shame on Jim Schwartz, he has been stealing money from this team since the Super Bowl and before anyone talks about last week, he should have given up 2 more TD last week if it was not for dropped footballs.

2. Zach Ertz no more drops dude. Too many times this season he has dropped critical passes. None more than the two he dropped today that should both have been TD's. Have to look heavily at moving on from Ertz this offseason. He has good value around the league and we should cash in on that.

3. Carson had a good game. Not a great game but a good one. He once again was victimized by the dropped pass. He did miss some passes but when you throw the ball 47 times you are not going to go 47 out of 47. Should have had 5 TD passes. The INT I don't really care about its a jump ball situation.

4. Alshon looked good in the game made some tough catches.

5. I thought the offensive line was up and down in pass protection. Especially in the middle of the line.

6. Why did we stop running the ball?Sanders was average 5.5 ypc. This is on Doug and his offensive staff. Aside from Staley and Stouland none of them should be back next year.

7. The officials were lost out there today especially in the first half. The trick play was an illegal formation, the Kicker lined up as a guard. He can not be an eligible receiver. The PI on Mills in the end zone should not have been changed. I have seen much much worse this year not changed. They called a roughing the passer on a low hit on the Eagles, next series Carson gets hit in the knee and the guys is tugging on his ankle no call. I personally don't think either should be penalties but if you call one you have to call the other. They called a block in the back on Hollins which was very ticky Tacky and cost the Eagles a drive. Next drive, 16 yard run by the Dolphins sprung but surprise surprise a block in the back no call. The Eagles didn' t lose this game because of the officials but this crew in particular is a bad crew. It was the same crew that jobbed the Eagles out of the turnover last year in Dallas.

Overall this is the worst lose this team has had in the Doug Pederson era. You simply do not give up 37 points, six scoring drives to a team that had 18 scoring drives all year. This lose is mostly on the defense but I put it squarely on Doug. He has to hold Schwartz accountable and if Schwartz won't make the changes he has to fire him. Its obvious a no name offensive coordinator with a bunch of junk beat the crap out of his defense today and he had no answers. That should be enough to move on from this clown after the year.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

No Excuses --- this team sucks donkey balls right now!

Taz, you and i disagree on Wentz--- he has sucked most of the year this year. Throws over guys, behind guys, hesitates, and has almost no touch! This guy is 50% of the Wentz I saw in his first year!!!

Comment

The officiating kept Miami in the game in first half. Plain and simple. Agree on the trick play. Illegal formation and illegal man downfield. The DPI on Mills that got reviewed was a joke. The DPI call in third quarter on Mills was a joke. He was looking back. Parker tried to go through him.

I cannot even watch the league anymore if it’s not the Eagles. The officiating is just terrible.

All that said I’m on the lose out and go 5-11 train now. The roster needs a COMPLETE AND TOTAL overhaul.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Taz, you and i disagree on Wentz--- he has sucked most of the year this year. Throws over guys, behind guys, hesitates, and has almost no touch! This guy is 50% of the Wentz I saw in his first year!!!
        We can agree to disagree on Wentz. Its not worth the argument. Is the old Chicken and Egg thing. Is it Wentz, is it the coaches, is it players around him. I would say it is a combo of all them. However, you build your team around your QB so I put more blame on this on Howie and Doug than anything.

I will say this when your defense gives up six straight scoring drives to a team that had 18 all year, the problems on this team run so much deeper than Wentz.

He doesn't throw a good swing pass, then stop calling it, call the plays he is comfortable with. Isn't that what they did with Foles to win the Super Bowl? So why are we not doing that for Wentz. It still boggles my mind

The coaching staff, Howie etc have to figure this out, if not we will be doomed to blaming the QB all the time when the cast around him is pathetic.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

I've thought a lot about that too MD. He's been a different guy since he's hurt his back.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This loss was on Schwartz and the defensive players. Not once did they try anything different.

I’m good with Wentz. He’s been off, but they really lack depth. Nothing at HB behind Sanders.

Mack Hollins consistent with a penalty and 0 catches. What a waste of a roster spot.

This team sucks.

Comment

D sucked --- giving up that many points to that team!

O Sucked scored 3 points in the second half after a nice TD drive!!!!!!! Couldn't stay on the firld after that 28th point.. so the Dolphins points are both the D and the O.

Coaches sucked IMM, not by play calling--- but not having these guys ready to play their asses off to tie Dullass!!!

To me, I see Wentz right now as hesitant, indecisive and inaccurate! Almost no feeling for touch on passes right now!

Comment

That block in the back on Hollins was ridiculous though honestly.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  That block in the back on Hollins was ridiculous though honestly.
                  What a joke that was.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X