The Fresh is gonna kick this thing right in the ass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep up the fight Fresh!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• LOL! I called out the chemo, and am rewarded this morning with a full blown acne rash all over my face and neck. Comic genius!

Still, my energy is holding pretty well for this stage of my cycle, and I am functional. Can't get my weight up tho, no matter how much I pig out. 171 yesterday, 169 today. And I had friggin Chinese food last night and pasta and shrimp for lunch. Damn.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Milkshakes and The Bob Marley Special (a.k.a. pot laced brownies) are the trick Fresh.

Comment

• Fresh, I don't know what your dietary restrictions are but I will tell you in all seriousness those friggin self serve yogurt places are awesome. That stuff is pretty good on your stomach to because it is probiotic stuff.

I've had some minor issues sometimes but now my wife and I take the girls to a Peachwave close by to us a few times a week for an evening treat. The stuff is really good and very easy on your stomach I've found.

And you can absolutely friggin load up. I try to be good but you pay by the ounce. You and Ms. Fresh could go pig out and while it might not be super healthy I would think those would be kind of the right kind of calories for you and it would be easy on your digestive system.

Just saying...

Now in a few years when you see me on Biggest Loser because the "nonfat" yogurt was not reall nonfat will know that Jerry Seinfeld was right...the yogurt was not nonfat.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Well, after another day of piggin' I am back at 170, but I have to admit it is playing with my mind a bit. I am used to going thru chemo, losing a bunch of weight, and then when I can eat heavy again putting it back on pretty quick. It is just not coming, and I ave been eating heavy for about a week now. 175 by NEXT Monday or George is going to be very upset!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Well, I am in my chemo chair getting more wholesome goodness pumped into me. Woohoo!

On a positive noe , Stephanie and Ella are a couple of HOT nurses. Excuse me while I mingle.........

Comment

• Drink it in Mr. Fresh...both the hot nurses and the chemo. Those are both ways to get better and we won't tell the Ms.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• You know Fresh I was having a very bad afternoon. I have a project where I'm the Construction Manager for a Historic Restoration of a 160 year old building. We haven't gotten started yet because of the bureaucratic bullshit involved with the Federal Grant money. The project was supposed to be completed by Dec. 30, 2011 and we haven't even gotten a final set of drawings from the Architect yet, let alone hired a General Contractor. Anyway after 2 hours of getting my ass chewed out by a Senator because of the failure of a Federal Administrator put me a pretty crappy mood. Then I thought about your battle and realized how lucky I am. I know what you're going through sucks and how difficult it must be. You're fight is a reminder of what's important. As always, please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

The offer is especially valid if you need some help with those two hot nurses!! Oh who am I kidding, I'll send Vin down instead. He's single and I'm married. (Vin you're going to owe me a case of beer and Fresh a truckload!!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    Well, I am in my chemo chair getting more wholesome goodness pumped into me. Woohoo!

On a positive noe , Stephanie and Ella are a couple of HOT nurses. Excuse me while I mingle.........
                    reach around and grab a cheek,you deserve it !
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• LOL! I do try and take my little pleasures where I can find them. And being a salesman I always enjoy the hunt. I am a terrible flirt. Irritates Susi when she sees me in action, but she knows I am harmless.

Juk, it's a great lesson. Keep everything in perspective and don't sweat the small shit. I am SO much smarter now than I was 2 years ago, when it comes to understanding the value of things in my life. I wish I could have lived my whole life this way. Well, with the knowledge, not the cancer.

I met a man in chemo yesterday who also has lung cancer. I don't know what stage or for how long, but he is 81 and he looks like he is in his sixties. I am guessing it is a relatively new diagnosis. We talked a little bit, and I told him we will just have to keep on fighting the fight. He sounded like he wanted to give up. He said he wan't sure it was worth it, what we go thru to try to keep on living.(chemo) But he also said that his wife wanted him to stick around so that she could keep on beating him at cards. I don't know, it just made me smile. What I wouldn't give to be playing cards with my wife at 80 years old.

Every story is different. Mine is still being written, thank God. I am just praying for some good scan results this coming week. I get a brain MRI and a chest CT on Wednesday, results next Monday. If I am going to keep on fighting, I would like some encouraging signs. Regardless, on we go!

Comment

• I have a good feeling about your test results Fresh. Keep your chin up and push on......

Comment

• Weight is finally starting to take. I'm up to 173. 2 lbs to go! Yay!!

Comment

• Juk, you are clearly a powerful man. GREAT news today.

I wasn't supposed to meet with my Onc to find out my results until Monday. She called me this afternoon on my cell phone. She has NEVER called me before personally. I see it is her office calling me and answer:

"Hello, this is Mike"

"Mike, this is Doctor Tseng" (My heart stops a few beats at this point)

"Yes Dr Tseng, what's up?"

"Well Mike, I didn't want you to wait all weekend to share some good news...." (Now I am breathing again)

She went on to tell me that not only was my brain MRI clear but that my tumors has shown significant shrinkage from the last scan 7 weeks ago. That was supposedly not even a real possibility. At best we were hoping to slow the cancer growth down. She told me that one of my tumors has shrunk from 22 mm to 11mm, and the other one has shrunk from 19mm to 12mm. That is roughly HALF. They were so ecstatic with the results at her office that she couldn't wait to tell me.

Today is a very good day! God is blessing me.

Comment

• that's great news Fresh. now keep fightin and get rid of this crap once and for all

Comment

• Mike - you've put a smile on my face once again. Dawk would be proud! Atta-boy! Keep up the good fight FRESHY!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X