Sudfeld-Another Redskin gaff!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudfeld-Another Redskin gaff!!

“Carson and Nick are excellent, but I’m telling you there is a reason why the Eagles held on to Nate, and that’s because he’s going to be a really, really good football player,” DeFilippo said. “Why do you think other teams wanted him? Against the Dallas [starters], Nate played fantastic. That kid is going to be a really, really good football player. He’s a really good football player right now. But I am telling you, that kid has a chance to be a really good football player."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Sounds like he's trying to convince us to trade Nick.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

That is how I read it also.

BTW! MIke good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
        Sounds like he's trying to convince us to trade Nick.
        Well then he'll just have to pay up!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think the only question I still have is - does he think Sudfeld's a really good football player?

Comment

Yes, I think Sudfeld is somewhere between good and very good, but definitely a football player.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              I think the only question I still have is - does he think Sudfeld's a really good football player?
              Yeah. He seems strangely reluctant to even hint at his opinion on that question.

Comment

I only go by what I see on the field. Sudfeld was a good college football player and the short time we saw him and the 3's against Dallas number 1's he showed some potential. We don't get to see the practices and such but I can easily see why they would be high on him. I would be comfortable with him as a the backup.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

It’s an interesting numbers game. If Wentz is healthy to start the season hard to imagine Birds carrying 3 QBs. On the other hand, they clearly like Suds & Bubbles so won’t want to lose him. Does that push them to trade BDN? Does it push them to IR Wentz for the first 8 games if he is 4 weeks away at start of season? These are issues, but good issues. Being QB rich in the NFL is rare.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

This is a tough situation. Let’s assume a few things that are likely but not definite:
                    1. Wentz will miss the first 3-4 weeks. Again it’s possible that he comes back sooner but it’s more likely that he will need at least 9 months to fully recover.
                    2. When he does come back he will need several weeks to get back into “football shape” and get his timing down with the rest of the team. (We saw how Foles looked at the end of the year when he hadn’t practiced at all with the team. It’s reasonable to assume that Wentz will be in a similar situation.

So given those two assumptions, it’s pretty clear that Foles gives us our best chance to win next year. If Wentz is out for 4 weeks, given our schedule next year (which is petty damned tough!) does anyone expect Sudfeld to step in and win right away? Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and say he goes 2-2. Then Wentz steps in and needs time to get back his form. If he goes 2-2 in his first 4 games we will be in a tough spot with 4 losses already on the books by the time we hit the half way mark. Even if they finish the year strong and manage to go 6-2 the rest of the way, there is no guarantee that 10-6 even makes the playoffs.

I really don’t want to be in a position of falling back like that because we traded away Foles for a draft pick. No one we get with that pick will have a chance to make as big of an impact next year as Foles will. Even if he only plays 4 games he may be the difference between making the playoffs or not. We can’t afford to trade him if we want a chance to defend the title.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Juk, this been one of my major points also--- I want Foles till we are sure of Wentz... I do not want to take a step back. And it is going be much tougher to keep this team together in 2019 then it will be this year.

Also if Foles value goes up exponentially if there are mid-season injuries to starters on other teams.

I think our best chance (right now) of another SB is to stay as strong as we can THIS year. We have like 21 of the 22 starters signed now--- ain't gonna be that way in 2019!

PS-- they actually (statistically) a fairly easy schedule in 2018.(tied for 19th with the Chiefs--- https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...roughest-ride/)

Actually they had a harder schedule last year at this time, the had the 10th hardest in 2017 and only the 19th hardest in 2018. Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                      X