Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's something most of us didn't know about Donovan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something most of us didn't know about Donovan...

PHILADELPHIA: Donovan McNabb missed seven games due to injury in 2005 and he's looking for a bounce-back season in 2006. McNabb, who led the Eagles to the playoffs from 2000-04, has been adept at protecting the ball throughout his career. His 2.24 interception percentage (66 INTs-2,943 attempts) ranks second in NFL history, trailing only Neil O'Donnell (2.11, 68-3,229) all-time. With 16 touchdown passes, McNabb will join Ron Jaworski (175) and Randall Cunningham (150) as the only players in franchise history to reach 150.
    (From NFL.com).

Donovan in general is NOT someone who throws interceptions at will. He did throw some that I think would haunt him for some time, but in general, he's not a turnover prone QB.

But SECOND BEST in the NFL HISTORY??? For someone who throws the ball so much?

Wow.

"You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Ummmm, I knew that.

Comment

If we could take away three of them... from say, February 6, 2005 ... then I'd be happy.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Re: Here's something most of us didn't know about Donovan...

fanofthegame76

But SECOND BEST in the NFL HISTORY??? For someone who throws the ball so much?

Wow.

At first you'd say GREAT! but then you realize that #1 is Neil O'Donnell and I immediately become underwhelmed.

Comment

I can pick at least two I would like back: The one he threw to freakin Barber in the '02 NFCCG and the one he threw last year to Roy F'in Williams.

The ones at the SB obviously would be necessary, although the last one wasn't exactly his fault...

{edit}

Steve,

That's true, but at the same time, how many passes has Donovan thrown so far? For someone who throws the ball almost 60% of the time, you've got to give him props
          "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

absolutely fan - I'm just saying that it doesn't appear to be a barometer of success.

Comment

Kind of funny that Neil O'Donnell is the all-time leader, seeing he probably threw the biggest INT in Superbowl history.

Comment

I knew that.

The prime time INT's have tainted this stat quite a bit. To the point that the average fan thinks McNabb throws a lot of interceptions. Obviously he doesn't. In fact, there was a time when many on these boards complained that McNabb was TOO concerned about NOT throwing INTs that he didn't take enough chances downfield.

I'm telling you - we are all (myself included) so spoiled by McNabb and Westbrook. We are in for a rude awakening years from now when those two guys are gone. McNabb never throws INTs and Westbrook never EVER fumbles. We've got to remember to enjoy and appreciate these two guys while they are still here.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
                  I knew that.

The prime time INT's have tainted this stat quite a bit. To the point that the average fan thinks McNabb throws a lot of interceptions. Obviously he doesn't. In fact, there was a time when many on these boards complained that McNabb was TOO concerned about NOT throwing INTs that he didn't take enough chances downfield.

I'm telling you - we are all (myself included) so spoiled by McNabb and Westbrook. We are in for a rude awakening years from now when those two guys are gone. McNabb never throws INTs and Westbrook never EVER fumbles. We've got to remember to enjoy and appreciate these two guys while they are still here.

YPCM I tend to think of McNabb's lack of INTs as payback. The football gods are trying to make up for Jaws!!! It seems like he threw 2-3 in every freaking game!!!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                  X