Question About Ajayi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Ajayi

What was his knee issue before the recent injury ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Yes he didn’t have a lot of tread left on those tires.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Some kind of degenerative knee condition. I also think that he injured his knee at Boise State too, so NFL teams were concerned about that when he was drafted

Comment

He's a hell of a back and his injury was probably the main reason that we got off to such a lousy start. He'll probably be in camp but I doubt that he can come back the same. We have to find a way to replace him. This is the one area that Howie pretty much ignores and he's got to realize this. I know that he tried with the Flea but I don't know what in the world he was thinking there. That pick was a position that we had to hit on. Douglas has to take the blame there as he's the one that put the grade on him. There is a chance that Clements can return to his old self I suppose but after that we really don't have anything. Even Sproles looks like he's finally slowing down. Get us a HORSE Howie!
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          He's a hell of a back and his injury was probably the main reason that we got off to such a lousy start. He'll probably be in camp but I doubt that he can come back the same. We have to find a way to replace him. This is the one area that Howie pretty much ignores and he's got to realize this. I know that he tried with the Flea but I don't know what in the world he was thinking there. That pick was a position that we had to hit on. Douglas has to take the blame there as he's the one that put the grade on him. There is a chance that Clements can return to his old self I suppose but after that we really don't have anything. Even Sproles looks like he's finally slowing down. Get us a HORSE Howie!
          I think that one of our 2nd round picks has to be a RB. It’s either that or take a chance on Kareem Hunt.
          I really like Benny Snell from Kentucky and think we could maybe get him late in round 2.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            I think that one of our 2nd round picks has to be a RB. It’s either that or take a chance on Kareem Hunt.
            I really like Benny Snell from Kentucky and think we could maybe get him late in round 2.
            Is Hunt under suspension now or are teams just staying away from him? The Birds pretty much refuse to get involved with those types unlike other teams. I think that he's still going to get a nice contract someplace especially if the charges are beaten or have been dropped. I think that I read that they were dropped but I'm not sure. I'm guessing that they go for a high pick in the draft because of contract price but they have to hit on it.

Comment

They say Dexter Williams form Notre Dame is looking good at the senior bowl practices.
              Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                They say Dexter Williams form Notre Dame is looking good at the senior bowl practices.
                Bruce Anderson from ND St is looking good too from what I hear.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                  Have we ever hit on a guy from Notre Dame?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Have we ever hit on a guy from Notre Dame?
                    Bobby Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      What was his knee issue before the recent injury ?
                      I just pulled this off of EFO:

His entire career is up in the air. Jay Ajayi, who already had one knee injured in college, suffered a torn ACL in his other knee in the game against Minnesota and faces an uncertain future. The knee injury is one thing, but Jay Ajayi is also scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in March. Getting healthy is the first priority for Ajayi. After that, he’ll get looks around the league, but how much can teams trust his health? The Eagles are likely to address the running back position in some way, shape, or fashion. It’s tough envisioning Ajayi returning, but you never know how things will work out in what is going to be an extremely interesting offseason.

Comment

I want him back on the cheap, otherwise see ya !!
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          I want him back on the cheap, otherwise see ya !!
                          They'll probably do the same thing that they did with Smith when he signed. Do you remember that he signed for $5 million but he only got a $50,000 bonus? They will know by the end of camp whether he can play or not and if they cut him before the season starts the contract is voided. Either way we still have to get a damn good RB anyway. We can't compete with the guys that we had last year.

Comment

I think they will end up giving him a 1 year “prove it” deal heavy in incentives and no guarantees. That allows him to show he is healthy and audition for a big money deal with another team and allows us to draft a kid in the 2nd round without putting too much pressure on him in a rookie year. If we hit with the rookie, great! If he turns out to be less than we thought we still have Ajayi to take some of the load along with Clements, a hopefully improved Adams and maybe even Sproles. Eithor way we ahould be in good shape. And yes, I am suggesting that we carry 5 RBs next year. 2 are coming off of injuries, 1 aging vet 3 years removed from a full season, 1 second year kid who can’t hold onto the ball and a rookie.
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don’t like Adams at all. I just don’t see much there. He seems to have decent speed but doesn’t have much burst to get through the holes or to get around the edge. For a big guy, he runs too tall and doesn’t have power to finish runs. Plus he fumbles.
                              With rookie RBs you can usually tell right away if they have “it”. You saw it last year with Clement.
                              Any chance that the Lions cut Blount?
                              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X