Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Sudfeld

Where will the Eagles tender him?
    First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal. The 2018 first-round tender level was $4.149 million (2019 levels have not yet been determined).
    Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal. The 2018 second-round tender level was $2.914 million.
    Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal. Sudfeld, a sixth-round draft pick by Washington, was signed to the Eagles’ practice squad in 2017 after being waived by the Redskins. The 2018 original-round tender offer was $1.907 million.
    Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal. This tender was also worth $1.907 million in 2018.
    Fly EaglesFly!

I think it will be a second round tender. It sounds like the Eagles value him pretty highly. It is a big advantage to have a #2 QB who is not starting from scratch in your system.
    Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

The Eagles value the QB position and can't afford to start over with two back up QBs so I think they will place a 2nd round tender in him. Although it may be worth it for a team like the Giants, Washington or Miami to make an offer for him.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

IMO second rd tender sounds right. However, I wonder if it will be a first rd tender just to try to deter any offers

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
          IMO second rd tender sounds right. However, I wonder if it will be a first rd tender just to try to deter any offers
          So if we first round tender him, we'll have to pay him around 5 million. Is that right? Considering what we paid for Foles and Daniels, I would think that Sudfeld would be worth it.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

My guess would be second round however, I also won't be surprised to see first round tender. If you are not a top ten team in the draft and in dire need of QB is he better than what you can draft or what is available in the way of vet FAs. They used to have these poison pill offers that put teams in a position where the original team wouldn't be able to match. Not sure if that is still out there; if it is I can see the birds trying to protect themselves from losing Sudfeld
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              My guess would be second round however, I also won't be surprised to see first round tender. If you are not a top ten team in the draft and in dire need of QB is he better than what you can draft or what is available in the way of vet FAs. They used to have these poison pill offers that put teams in a position where the original team wouldn't be able to match. Not sure if that is still out there; if it is I can see the birds trying to protect themselves from losing Sudfeld
              Whoa, Down Big Fella. I doubt anybody outside off Philly even knows who he is. Foles is still looking for a job. Cool the #1 talk. A good backup might be worth a 2 but if he is as good as everybody thinks he is I would think that the Birds would just try to sign him period and not screw around tendering him.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

they carried him on the roster for 2 years because they liked his skill level and didn't want to lose him. They will probably make sure they don't lose him now. Wouldn't surprise me if they give him a first round tender. Read somewhere the foreskins would like him back
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

What did AJ Feeley get us. A 2 I think. Not saying Sudfeld is the next Montana but teams know him (fans may not) and obviously the birds are pretty high on him. Actually I don't think anyone would give a one but I don't know that. If there is a poison pill maybe the birds want to make it far too difficult for another team to offer that contract. The money is negligible.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

What did AJ Feeley get us. A 2 I think. Not saying Sudfeld is the next Montana but teams know him (fans may not) and obviously the birds are pretty high on him. Actually I don't think anyone would give a one but I don't know that. If there is a poison pill maybe the birds want to make it far too difficult for another team to offer that contract. The money is negligible.
                    Feels got us into the playofffs. Suds hasn,t even won us a game. Anyway I think theBirds will offer him a contract rather than a tender.

Comment

I'm just saying that Suds hasn't proven anything to anybody in the league yet. Donny MAC only got a two when he got traded to the Redskins and Foles hasn't even gotten a sniff from anybody yet other than speculation from the press about going to Jacksonville. Has Suds ever even thrown a TD pass yet in the NFL? Oh ya he did throw ONE and then he proceed to steal it back from the kid who ended up getting the ball after the play and his father freaked out LOL!!
                      Last edited by Eagle60; 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I,m just saying that Suds hsasn,t ptroved a thing to anybody in the league, Donny MAC only got a two wen he went and Foles hasn’t,t gotten a sniff yet. Has he ever even thrown a TD she yet. Oh yes he did when he stool. It back from fabat little
                        Jijhnnnnjj.
                        You ok Bud?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          You ok Bud?
                          LOL MD. NO! I was in Danbury in a hotel for a medical appointment after the doctor drugged me up and I was on my new ipad trying to reply to the question. I like to take it with me when I have to travel because it's so light but those things SUCK to write with! I'm going back to clean it up now because I think that I tried to make a couple of really good points.
                          Last edited by Eagle60; 03-01-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            LOL MD. NO! I was in Danbury in a hotel for a medical appointment after the doctor drugged me up and I was on my new ipad trying to reply to the question. I like to take it with me when I have to travel because it's so light but those things SUCK to write with! I'm going back to clean it up now because I think that I tried to make a couple of really good points.
                            I was worried about you too 60. I thought you had a stroke mid-post.
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                            X