Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #21
Green With Envy
Veteran

Green With Envy has disabled reputation

Jason Peters was an undrafted lineman. You can’t teach athleticism. Are you really worried about losing a player from the bottom of the roster by keeping a player with that much athletic ability? He may never pan out but he’s got incredible potential.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #22
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green With Envy View Post
Jason Peters was an undrafted lineman. You canít teach athleticism. Are you really worried about losing a player from the bottom of the roster by keeping a player with that much athletic ability? He may never pan out but heís got incredible potential.
Practice squads are for developing talent. Look how our linebackers are getting wiped out. I'd rather have another one than a guy who can't play football or even STs. What good is he? He's so good that we used our number 1 pick on a guy who plays his position. I don't get it.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #23
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green With Envy View Post
Jason Peters was an undrafted lineman. You canít teach athleticism. Are you really worried about losing a player from the bottom of the roster by keeping a player with that much athletic ability? He may never pan out but heís got incredible potential.
Yes!
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:00 PM   #24
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

You're kidding right? You are using a guy who was a starting TE at Arkansas, the best conference in college football (SEC) to a guy who ran over a bunch of teenagers in a rugby league. I give up.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #25
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters will become famous soon enough

They will never sneak him to the practice squad. I think they are more likely to try and trade him to a team that they knew might have taken him in the draft. Teams know that kind of stuff.

I am not ready to give up on him in any way though.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #26
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

He’s had so much hype, he wouldn’t make 5 minutes on the practice squad. The Eagles would have picked LT this year no matter what. He was the highest rated guy and they took him. IMO they have a plan and they will ride it out. They can make him inactive on game day and carry a LB or whomever they wish. They can IR him and get him the training he needs. I don’t mind his situation at all, he might have more quickness than any lineman to ever play the game . IMO you get him as many reps as you can and allow him learn some of the nuances of the game. There certainly will come a point that he needs to show more , but JMO , as long as the roster is loaded and the team is doing well, let him absorb all he can
Old 08-05-2019, 11:09 AM   #27
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

I still don't think anyone is projecting him to be our next great tackle. I will be thrilled if he becomes the best backup swing tackle in t he NFC
Old 08-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #28
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Heís had so much hype, he wouldnít make 5 minutes on the practice squad. The Eagles would have picked LT this year no matter what. He was the highest rated guy and they took him. IMO they have a plan and they will ride it out. They can make him inactive on game day and carry a LB or whomever they wish. They can IR him and get him the training he needs. I donít mind his situation at all, he might have more quickness than any lineman to ever play the game . IMO you get him as many reps as you can and allow him learn some of the nuances of the game. There certainly will come a point that he needs to show more , but JMO , as long as the roster is loaded and the team is doing well, let him absorb all he can
This also!!
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #29
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
I still don't think anyone is projecting him to be our next great tackle. I will be thrilled if he becomes the best backup swing tackle in t he NFC
That could very well be the plan. The Eagles are probably going to lose Big V to free agency at some point, and they definitely need someone to fill that role.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #30
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

You guys are right. The guy is an incredible athlete. He's so talented that I'm shocked that they didn't make him a quarterback.