Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashard Mendenhall is an idiot

on bin Laden:

The Pittsburgh Steelers running back on Monday tweeted: “What kind of person celebrates death? It’s amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side…”

Mendenhall didn’t hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks.
    “We’ll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style.”
    Next thing you know, he'll say the holocaust was a hoax.

Say Rashard, here's a question: what type of person plans death for a lot of innocent people? Again, and again, all over the world? I'll never know, but I know this much: bin Laden was one of those people.

What an asshat. For sure, there are agents all over the NFL telling their players, "don't ever, EVER open a twitter account........"

From Steelers' owner Art Rooney II:
    “I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers’ organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon.”
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I love the owner's comments.

I have a hard time believing that tweeter causes more good than harm. Although it certainly allows us to understand how utterly stupid some people are.

Comment

Shit like this is the exact reason why the owners have so many fans on their side. I have said it before and will say it again, if the players ever get more power than the owners you can kiss this league good bye.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Definitely one of those "keep it to yourself" type of issues....its a reality though that more people than I thought possible still believe 9/11 was an orchestrated event or politically driven to get us into a war. I am more than happy that Osama is swimming with the fishes and give alot of credit to the CIA, military and white house for getting it done.
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            I love the owner's comments.

I have a hard time believing that tweeter causes more good than harm. Although it certainly allows us to understand how utterly stupid some people are.
            Like most tools, twitter is fine in and of itself but becomes exponentially more dangerous in the hands of sub-100 IQ morons.

Comment

He must have had a FRESH-level drunk goin on.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Test him for a concussion!
                Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Good now I can cross off that shithead from my fantasy football draft board this year. Like I needed another excuse not to take a fucking asshole Steeler.
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I don't think I've ever taken a Steeler in my fantasy draft.

Comment

If there was ever a doubt that there are a lot of people who are dumb as shit this should erase it.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        I don't think I've ever taken a Steeler in my fantasy draft.
                        I had Mendenhall 2yrs ago he was the 1 and only Squeeler I've ever had in fantasy. I've never had a Cowpuke on any fantasy team, 22yrs. and running.
                        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

This pretty much sums it up.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...outh#storyjump

Sometimes athletes say dumb things, but this one... this one ranks right up there with the dumbest of all time. It comes courtesy of Steelers' RB Rashard Mendenhall, who talked about the reaction to Osama Bin Laden's death on his twitter page...
                          What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..." Mendenhall's page also said: "For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"
                          I assume you probably had to go back and read that just to be sure it said what you thought it did. Now, I can have some sympathy for someone who is a bit put off by the joyous reaction. I don't personally feel that way but at least I can understand it...

But "we've only heard one side?" We've "never even heard him speak?" Seriously?! You don't remember what happened when we heard "his side?"

He didn't stop there however...

Mendenhall went to say that we don't even know whether Bin Laden was behind the attacks and that it's just the government that tells (Actually OBL claimed credit but whatever). And he even expressed doubt it was even planes that brought down the twin towers.
                          "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."
                          Because he's an engineer or something I assume? This is one of things that's so beyond dumb, you have to wonder how he ever recovers from it from a PR standpoint. Everyone is going to be upset at this guy.

Frankly, I was cringing when I read it.

Steelers president Art Rooney even seemed dumbfounded as to how to respond. "it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments."

Comment

Mendenhall is really quite the genius. He majored in Sports Management in college so he's well prepared and educated to speak in this case.

Fail.
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I heard he even went to a class or two during college.

Comment

Working...
                              X