Zona very interested in Flip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zona very interested in Flip

NFL Rumors: Eagles’ John DeFilippo expected to get second interview with Cardinals
    19 NEW, 19
    Flip to the desert?
    By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jan 16, 2018, 12:28pm EST

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback coach John DeFilippo is reportedly expected to have a second interview with the Cardinals for Arizona’s head coaching vacancy, according to a report from ESPN.

Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo remains a strong candidate for Cardinals head coaching job, per source, expected to get 2nd interview once season over. Impressed in Bears HC process.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) January 16, 2018
    Arizona’s interest in Flip was first reported earlier this month.

The Cardinals and Titans are really the only two openings remaining in the NFL. The Giants, Colts, and Lions haven’t officially announced new head coach hires, but they’re expected to go with Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniels, and Matt Patricia, respectively.

If the Eagles win the NFC Championship Game this Sunday, the Cardinals can’t interview Flip until January 28. They can interview Flip before that if the Eagles lose.

Having to wait until later this month just to interview Flip might not be ideal for Arizona. The Titans could potentially hire a preferred candidate before they do.

It’s also worth mentioning Arizona isn’t the most attractive destination. With Carson Palmer retiring, the Cardinals don’t have a single quarterback on their roster under contract for the 2018 season. Plus they only have the No. 15 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, so they won’t necessarily have their choice of young quarterbacks.

Flip isn’t the only Eagles assistant to get head coaching buzz this week. Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich is also reportedly a candidate for the Titans job. It wouldn’t be ideal for the Eagles to lose both their OC and QB coach in the same offseason, especially since Flip could be promoted to replace Reich.

We’ll have to see what happens. It’s worth remembering that Flip’s contract is up after this season, so he could still leave for a play-calling OC job even if no one hires him as a head coach.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Maybe we can trade Nick to them for that #15 pick if they get Flip
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      Maybe we can trade Nick to them for that #15 pick if they get Flip
      In that case you had better hope Sudfeld is ready because I doubt that they're going to be taking any chances that soon with Carson playing.

Comment

I don't think they are going to have a choice. They are gonna need to move some people to afford others. The curse of a good season
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          In that case you had better hope Sudfeld is ready because I doubt that they're going to be taking any chances that soon with Carson playing.
          They kept Sudfeld for a reason, give him an entire off season here and he will be a decent backup.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            They kept Sudfeld for a reason, give him an entire off season here and he will be a decent backup.
            I think so too. I don't think that they will be comfortable rolling with him if Carson can't play though. That's why I think that Nick will be around for awhile. I know the plan was to trade Nick next year but if Carson isn't ready that might change.

Comment

I would imagine that trading Nick in the offseason would be the first time the current Super Bowl MVP was ever traded. It’s a season of firsts so why not?

Comment

Best of luck to Mike Munchack, get that Cards job buddy .

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  Best of luck to Mike Munchack, get that Cards job buddy .
                  He turned down the second interview!
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                    He turned down the second interview!
                    LOL! I guess that they might have problems finding a coach. With Palmer retiring and maybe Fitz retiring or getting traded that job isn't too appealing.

Comment

LOL! I guess that they might have problems finding a coach. With Palmer retiring and maybe Fitz retiring or getting traded that job isn't too appealing.
                      they actually don't have ANY QBs

Comment

He’s being looked at for the Steelers gig.

I’d rather lose DeFilippo than Reich

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                          He’s being looked at for the Steelers gig.

I’d rather lose DeFilippo than Reich
                          If Flip gets an OC job before Reich goes we could really be screwed. I think that Flip is just as involved with offensive planning as Reich is. When you hear him break down plays it appears so anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X