Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky Released

by the Vikes,according to ESPN
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

While I do think he's nowhere near ready, I think because he'sa vet, if he is on the opening day roster, his salary is guaranteed for the year. But if he signs after that, he can be cut at any time.

The Birds did that with Levens twice I believe.

Not that I believe Pinkson will end up with the Vikes, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

We should bring him in for a look

Comment

Not shocking either way. If they bring him back to avoid having the salary guaranteed or if they just cut bait - neither would surprise me.

Comment

Danger, Danger!!!!!!!!! Pinky is on the loose again! Just say N Andy!

If you want to bring back someone at WR withour guaranteeing their salary, make it McCants!!!!!!!

BTW, did he sign anywhere else? Rumors were floating that the Gints might pick him up.

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I thought Reid had changed this year and would never consider Pinky again?

No, McCants nor Gaffney have been picked up yet as far as I know...

Pinky clearly is not healthy and has another rehab year ahead of him...I wish him good luck.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

I think Pinky might have to take a year off and get healthy. I hope he can make it back.

I am really glad that we finally got an upgrade, but I don't want to see his career come to an end.

Comment

McCants and Gaffney are victims of the "If you are on the week 1 roster as a vet your salary is guaranteed" I believe.

Look for a team to pick one of them up next week.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                X