"Doesn't need all those touches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Doesn't need all those touches"

Well. Andy just said on his PC that Westbrook had a ton of touches yesterday and I quote:

"He doesn't need all those touches"

I think he does. He can either be a bigtime RB or not. C'mon Andy.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

maybe the comment was in the context of a game that they had control over in the second half.

Comment

I think Bucky needs some more touches in the run game.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I agree BUCKY should be the run down the clock back - but let's not treat Westy like a china doll.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I thought his comments were more in reference to his being thrust into punt return duties rather than his touches in the offense.

On another sidenote, I would have liked to see Moats get one or two carries in the second halft; this guy is so explosive that he could easily come in and score on a long run with fresh legs against a tired D-line late in games.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Andy was kind of contradicting himself in the press conference IMO. He said he wasn't scared of having Westbrook back on punts but that he had a lot of touches when you combine all the plays he was in on.

He did have as many touches yesterday as his high touch count of last year (Green Bay - 24).

Comment

17 carries and 4 receptions adds up to 272 carries and 64 receptions, or 336 touches overall. That's definitely more than he'll wind up with in the end but not so overwhelmingly much that it's out of whack. Seems pretty close to just right, especially if Buck can run like that 12 times a game.

Comment

IMK - don't forget 3 PR touches as well.

What does a PR touch equate to - I'd say one PR equals 2 touches due to exposure from 11 guys rushing at you full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                  IMK - don't forget 3 PR touches as well.

What does a PR touch equate to - I'd say one PR equals 2 touches due to exposure from 11 guys rushing at you full speed.
                  I did forget about those but didn't really factor them in going forward since he won't be staying at PR. But that could explain Reid's comment.

Comment

i listened to the press conference and the comment was made in the context of him returning punts.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                      I agree BUCKY should be the run down the clock back - but let's not treat Westy like a china doll.
                      Thus far in his career, Westy has been a china doll...
                      The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

i took it as reference to the punt returns as well. now the question is where the greater value lies, in rushing attempts sacrificed to buck or punt returns (while mahe's out) sacrificed to wynn/hood/whomever?
                        socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

I have a feeling that the only reason Moats was active was because Mahe was out. Wasn't that the case all of last year?
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Nah, you guys are all wrong. Reid, the ultimate in the mind-screw, was trying to let on to the Gints staff for next week that they won't have to deal with Westy (The Giant Killer) too much. Shoot, the guy will probably hardly see the field.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                              Nah, you guys are all wrong. Reid, the ultimate in the mind-screw, was trying to let on to the Gints staff for next week that they won't have to deal with Westy (The Giant Killer) too much. Shoot, the guy will probably hardly see the field.
                              Good thinking Fresh.

I'm sure Reid wouldn't say that off the cuff because he knows that Westbrook wants to be a "featured back" in the traditional sense. There's a plan.... and I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X