Vinny and Beau? Tommy Lawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny and Beau? Tommy Lawler

There is a feeling in the Tampa media that the Bucs could cut DE Vinny Curry and/or DT Beau Allen.

Hmm.

The Bucs are expected to play more of a 3-4 under Todd Bowles. That could make both guys expendable. If so, the Eagles could talk to one or both about coming back to add depth to the DL. While both players loved their time in Philly, price would be an issue. While neither player had a good season, they aren’t likely to come crawling back to the Eagles for peanuts. They’d want reasonable money.

Keep an eye on this.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Kempski, a writer I read on Phillyvoice.com, talked about that. I wouldn't mind them. Neither were or ever will be the factor in team success but they both contributed well last year. Both went for money but I doubt they get those offers again
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Kempski, a writer I read on Phillyvoice.com, talked about that. I wouldn't mind them. Neither were or ever will be the factor in team success but they both contributed well last year. Both went for money but I doubt they get those offers again
      I disagree ND (about not being able to help). After all, they both got big contracts to leave Philly for some reason. I think that Vinny was an excellent DE and Beau was a decent DT but had a limited pass rush. I agree that they most likely won't get the same offers that they got last year though. I'd love to have them back, especially Vinny.
      Last edited by Eagle60; 01-28-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

I probably didn't say it well but don't get me wrong 60. When they left I wrote that I didn't want to see them leave-- Curry especially; a lifelong Eagles fan. But they wanted to try FA and everyone deserves that chance. What I believe though is that both are complementary players for the Eagles and the depth they provided was a factor in the birds getting the Lombardi. However, neither will ever be THE guy on a DL and neither will ever be the reason for a team getting a Lombardi.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I would think about bringing back Allen on a lower dollar deal. He could start in a pinch and be a real good rotational guy.

Curry is way overpaid. I think they have higher targets in FA at DE.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

My opinion of Vinny has always been higher than others on the board I guess. The fact they he may get released most likely means that I'm wrong about him however I feel that in a rotational defense he could still start. I'm not sure Vinny or Beau will be cut as this was just a sportswriter's opinion so it really doesn't amount to much. I'd love to him them back though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              My opinion of Vinny has always been higher than others on the board I guess. The fact they he may get released most likely means that I'm wrong about him however I feel that in a rotational defense he could still start. I'm not sure Vinny or Beau will be cut as this was just a sportswriter's opinion so it really doesn't amount to much. I'd love to him them back though.
              Yes as a rotational guy I think he is OK. He is better against the run than he is as a pass rusher. I just think the Eagles are going to aim higher than Vinny at the DE position. They have Barnett at one end, they may be looking at a younger DE via free agency like (Frank Clark, Shane Ray etc. ) for the other end with Bennett and a draft pick or Josh Sweat rotating through.

The other thing on Tampa I was reading they may let go of Gerald McCoy he is a little older (Play at 31 next season) but still pretty productive. I can see the Eagles making a play for him. Not at huge money but at a mid level DT money.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
              X