Just a thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought...

But I thought BOTH QB's sucked donkey balls last night! Seemed to me that most passes-- not sent to Edleman-- were well off target. I say that cause we are talking about a SB here, not some game from Mexico City!

The GOAT missed -- badly-- on many passes once he got dropped that first time. I think Goff was on target maybe 3 times all game. Neither showed me SB stuff!

I usually don't don't like to play the woulda shoulda and coulda game--- but I truly think we could have won that game last night.

And I thought that each QB was the reason that both O's sucked!

Anybody see it differently?

not convinced that our D would have been that great

the O definitely would have done better than what the Rams did

Comment

As far as I am concerned we were a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl. I think the Rams are a very overrated bunch, especially on offense. We beat the Saints we go out to Cali and kick their ass again. They just don't match up well with our team as we are much more physical.

Would we have won yesterday? Maybe, I know one thing it would have been a much more entertaining game.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

12 teams made the playoffs, and I think 10 teams watching the game at home last night were convinced they would've kicked the Pats and Rams' asses.

Most boring SB ever.

There's a Pats fan who works here, and we've had to hear about the supposedly awesome game plan Belicheat had, and how that plan stopped the Rams' offense. No mention of how they failed to execute on offense. All I can say is, what was his plan there? "Let's stay out of the endzone until the fourth quarter"? Was that really their plan?
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Saints would’ve destroyed the Patriots. Wade Phillips owns Josh McDaniels. That game was lost by the Rams because Belichick had a young head coach in his first Super Bowl and smelled blood in the water. Goff was way out of his depth- over his skis- dating above his pay grade. I saw three times on third and long when the Pats overloaded the right side of the line and Goff didn’t know what to do- and neither did McVay

Comment

The Rams defense played a great game. They simply wore down at the end.

McVay should have run the goddamned ball a bunch more. Gurley must be more hurt than they are saying. No excuse not to try and establish the run with him, unless he's not capable of carrying the load.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              But I thought BOTH QB's sucked donkey balls last night! Seemed to me that most passes-- not sent to Edleman-- were well off target. I say that cause we are talking about a SB here, not some game from Mexico City!

The GOAT missed -- badly-- on many passes once he got dropped that first time. I think Goff was on target maybe 3 times all game. Neither showed me SB stuff!

I usually don't don't like to play the woulda shoulda and coulda game--- but I truly think we could have won that game last night.

And I thought that each QB was the reason that both O's sucked!

Anybody see it differently?

Yes! That was a game right out of the 90's with 2 defenses kicking the shit out of the offenses with neither one of them being able to move the ball yet the world is saying that it was a lousy game. What??? I guess that everyone really does like the flag football that they complain about but secretly love. Yes Brady was off but that was because Donald and Suh were all over him all night. No QB, not even the GOAT handles pressure up the middle but he did have the advantage of 6'5" over the 6' Goff who was on the run all night long too because of an excellent defense with a superior game plan having guys come clean right up the middle at him too. NE plastered LA receivers and Goff had nowhere to go with the ball whether he was running for his life or got some time on occasion. LA covered just as well but didn't have an answer for Edelman and that eventually cost them the game. The refs letting the DBs holdup receivers added to the excellent pass coverage and was legal back in the day before they started with that illegal contact bullshit that has been overemphasised ever since fantasy football came around. Speaking of Edelman, he's the reason why I much prefer Agholor over Tate who can really get some YACs and outrun linebackers if he ever gets used right.

Could we have beaten the Patriots last night? Maybe but realistically no. Their DBs were unbelievable against LA and I don't think that our secondary could have done what LA's did. The all but forgotten thing about everybody's description of LA is Nadamika Suh. He might not be Donald but other than Cox I can't think of a better one not named Donald and he was a wrecking crew against the Pats.

In short I thought that it was a terrific game where both teams had to struggle for every yard that they made and is the kind of game everybody has been clamoring for but in reality doesn't want to watch. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I watched part of the Pats TD drive and that was it. I will say though, if you hold Brady under 15 points you should be leaving with a trophy.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Guess we will disagree again 60. I thought both QB’s under performed. Their passses were so off target for SB QB’s. In the dirt, skipping in, too early, too late. Hell had a td pass that he threw too late and allowed a dB to get there.

Again, while each QB had some pressure..... none of it was smothering or should have been game changing. Brady was only sacked once I think and hit just a couple of times.... yet his passes were all over the place.

Goff looked like a deer in the headlights....!

Again just my take...... as for the reference about how the game is played.... if that call early on of a defenseless receiver points out that in fact they were playing with today’s rules not the throwback rules I love.

Comment

Guess we will disagree again 60. I thought both QB’s under performed. Their passses were so off target for SB QB’s. In the dirt, skipping in, too early, too late. Hell had a td pass that he threw too late and allowed a dB to get there.

Again, while each QB had some pressure..... none of it was smothering or should have been game changing. Brady was only sacked once I think and hit just a couple of times.... yet his passes were all over the place.

Again just my take...... as for the reference about how the game is played.... if that call early on of a defenseless receiver points out that in fact they were playing with today’s rules not the throwback rules I love.
                    I agree 100%.
                    I didn't see great defense so much as two offenses that were really bad. Brady was ok, and Goff was terrible. McVay has to trust Goff more and teach him to read the defense. This business of McVay talking to him until 15 seconds and telling him what to do is ridiculous. The Patriots just changed their D after 15 seconds, and then he was lost.
                    Remember that the Chiefs scored 51 on these Rams. The Saints scored 45. Hell, we even scored 30. So for the Patriots to only get 13 was pretty bad.
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

What a disgusting call and of course it was called against the Rams. I don't care what the rule is that was hard to justify. It took about a minute for the ref in the booth with the announcers to come up with some excuse to throw a flag on that play. They even said at first that it wasn't on the guy who made the tackle lol. It was however an example of how ferocious the defenses were playing! I think both QBs had some happy feet yesterday because of it.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        [/B]

What a disgusting call and of course it was called against the Rams. I don't care what the rule is that was hard to justify. It took about a minute for the ref in the booth with the announcers to come up with some excuse to throw a flag on that play. They even said at first that it wasn't on the guy who made the tackle lol. It was however an example of how ferocious the defenses were playing! I think both QBs had some happy feet yesterday because of it.
                        Our D hit Brady way more than the Rams did yesterday. The incredible thing is that Brady played an A+ game against us last year and we still won. Brady was about a C- yesterday and the Rams weren't ever a threat.

The only time I thought the Rams might mount a drive was when Gurley ripped off a 15 yard run only to have a fantom hold called on the center (away from the play). Instead of 1st and 10 on the Patriots 35, it was 1st and 20 on the Rams 40. That was it for that drive.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                        X