Dumb Dumb and more DUMB-- Jackson ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Dumb and more DUMB-- Jackson ---

"Eagles' DeSean Jackson accused of anti-Semitism after posting quotes attributed to Hitler, praising Farrakhan"

"Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson was accused of anti-Semitism on Monday for promoting quotes attributed to Adolph Hitler on his social media.

Jackson highlighted three paragraphs from a book that attributed the quotes to Hitler. He posted the picture of the highlighted passages to his Instagram."

"The Philly Voice noted that the passage appears to be from the book “Jerusalem,” which attributed the quote to “The Nazis World War II.”

Jackson then posted two pictures of noted anti-Semitic preacher Louis Farrakhan.

In one caption, Jackson wrote: “This man powerful I hope everyone got a chance to watch this !! Don’t be blinded. Know what’s going on.”

"He also posted a quote-picture attributed to Farrakhan, which read: “There must be 100% change… There’s a burden the Earth is carrying that it must be relieved from. The Earth is burdened by the wicked living on a planet that was made for the righteous.”

Jackson also posted a video on his Instagram Stories relating to Bill and Melina Gates talking about vaccines. The caption on the video read: “Farrakhan warns against vaccines.”
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Just another reason to not care about football this year IMHO. Thanks Mr. Jackson for bringing another virus to town!

This guy is not worth it. I hated the signing last year. I hate it more now.

Fortunately since the team did not cut Riley Cooper when he had his issues they can probably keep DJ but man what an idiot.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I could see DJ getting cut over anti semitic comments-moron

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...iver-farrahkan
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Oh boy. Seeing Desean back on the field is one of the top things I am looking forward to seeing, if there is football at all. If he is released over this, along with the Brooks injury, that would be a huge blow. I am already on the fence about even wanting a 2020 FB season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Oh boy. Seeing Desean back on the field is one of the top things I am looking forward to seeing, if there is football at all. If he is released over this, along with the Brooks injury, that would be a huge blow. I am already on the fence about even wanting a 2020 FB season.
          2 pro bowlers gone before TC even begins. Sounds like 2019 all over again.

Comment

Sorry I jumped your post MD. I'll try to take down if I can. What a dumb fuck!

Comment

Here's an apology from a guy hanging by a thread

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCWKmvj...ource=ig_embed

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the Eagles respond to this incident. Riley Copper’s racial outburst may have been more reactionary, but IMO it contained a component of honest racist feelings in it. His comments were directed toward African Americans and the Eagles responded by allowing him to remain on the team. DJax comments didn’t seem to me to be based in his own racism, but rather a completely misguided and ignorant attempt to speak about racist events. He did it in a way that most individuals with half a brain would immediately realize was plain wrong.

The interesting part is that Cooper’s outburst was aimed at African Americans while Jackson’s was aimed at Jews, which include both Howie Roseman and Jeff Lurie. Jackson’s comments may not have had an intentional bias to them, but they slander the two highest bosses in the organization. Let’s see how the Eagles respond to him with that in mind. My biggest take away from this is that Jackson is far dumber than I imagined. Quoting Adolf Hitler on racial issues should be a clear sign that you need to stop speaking immediately! The fact that Jackson didn’t realize that is extremely concerning. Then to continue by quoting another well known anti-semitic racist is just mind boggling!
                Last edited by Jukin; 07-07-2020, 11:57 PM.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don’t buy the argument that Jackson is “too dumb to know what he is doing”. That said, I don’t go to him for higher learning on race relations. Not even sure he should be “fired” for being an ignorant racist given his job is to play football. If the Eagles think his conduct will be detrimental to the team, they have every right to cut him. But freedom of speech used to mean you could spout stupid, ignorant BS as long as you were not exhorting people to violent action. Jackson’s tweets have revealed his stupidity and anti-semitism, and have generated a strong negative reaction, which is perhaps the best reason to let people say stupid crap.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I don’t buy the argument that Jackson is “too dumb to know what he is doing”. That said, I don’t go to him for higher learning on race relations. Not even sure he should be “fired” for being an ignorant racist given his job is to play football. If the Eagles think his conduct will be detrimental to the team, they have every right to cut him. But freedom of speech used to mean you could spout stupid, ignorant BS as long as you were not exhorting people to violent action. Jackson’s tweets have revealed his stupidity and anti-semitism, and have generated a strong negative reaction, which is perhaps the best reason to let people say stupid crap.
                    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

The elephant in the room here is this and please forgive me for being frank.

Black people can be prejudice too and many times it manifests itself the worst in prejudices against Jewish and Asian communities. I'm not saying there aren't maybe some legitimate reasons for Black men/women to generally have a "beef" with those communities but Desean Jackson's mindset is not unusual in the Black community. This was no accident. This was Jackson voicing something that he probably believes and has heard before by friends or family members.

I am very active on Twitter and many of these rappers these guys grew up listening to are antisemites and followers of radical ideologies like Louis Farrakhan.

The Hebrew Israelite movement is also gaining followers. The armed group in Atlanta that demonstrated at Stone Mountain over the weekend are mostly Hebrew Israelites and that is a very militant Black revolutionary movement. It simply is... there is not mistaking what they say. They think they are the chosen people and are closely related to the 5-percenters that also have a lot of rappers as followers. The 5 percenters are very violent.... the Malvo freeway shooter guy was one.

Anyway, that is what we might be dealing with and it is possible that Desean Jackson either got carried away and doesn't understand the totality of this or he is a willing participant.

wish we never would have signed this guy back.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        The elephant in the room here is this and please forgive me for being frank.

Black people can be prejudice too and many times it manifests itself the worst in prejudices against Jewish and Asian communities. I'm not saying there aren't maybe some legitimate reasons for Black men/women to generally have a "beef" with those communities but Desean Jackson's mindset is not unusual in the Black community. This was no accident. This was Jackson voicing something that he probably believes and has heard before by friends or family members.

I am very active on Twitter and many of these rappers these guys grew up listening to are antisemites and followers of radical ideologies like Louis Farrakhan.

Anyway, that is what we might be dealing with and it is possible that Desean Jackson either got carried away and doesn't understand the totality of this or he is a willing participant.

wish we never would have signed this guy back.
                        Playing a little devil's advocate here..... So is the reverse true? Can a white person be allowed this "mistake" of saying something "insensitive"..or.. saying something that is perfectly innocuous, to them.... but not to the woke black American?

Comment

"Drew Brees' detractors largely silent over DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic social media posts"
                          "NFL players were steadfast against the Saints QB in June"

Sorta too the point of these guys being flat out hypocrites!

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                            I'm with you on this. Far too many are too ignorant or too lazy to look into what they repeat to see if it is true. Far too many on the right will intentionally put stuff out to rile up their base and cause anger against the left and far too many on the left will put stuff out to rile their base and cause anger against the right. It is an organized effort by both sides to cause unrest with false or misleading info. I don't think Jackson is smart enough to know the difference but I, nor should ANYONE, look to him for knowledge
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

MD... totally agree and I actually think some eyes are starting to be opened on the Left side of the aisle on this issue. It is possible to think that Black and Brown people start a few rows lower on the ladder to success than a white person does and yet acknowledge that the Black community especially is mostly responsible for the violence against Black men.

And as some in that community are starting to see that as truth I think the prejudices that some in the Black community cling to are being exposed also which is why the Desean Jackson stuff got so much attention so quickly.

I don't think Black men and women are going to get a free pass on this stuff.

Google the Stephen Jackson video from last night. He is about to get "cancelled" big time and rightly so.

The problem with using the word racism for everything is it loses its impact when it is used to describe something that is actually racist.

Comment

Working...
                              X