Stadium Arcadium= teh pwnage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Arcadium= teh pwnage

This album is rocking! I've been a fan of the chili peppers since I first heard The Uplift of the Mofo Party Plan and I have watched them go through some extreme transformations. This mega-album (2-disc, 28 songs) is a musical fusion of all the different RHCP periods.

As a long time fan it's nice to finally see them get a #1 record.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

leif - it keeps growing on me. Before I felt that the album just kind of mashed together. I still think if you sit back and listen to all 28 songs - the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. If you listen to one of the two discs or about a dozen of them mixed at a time - I love it.

Comment

Do they have more songs about California? And how much they like California? And songs personifying California?

Go California!

Comment

Don't forget songs about having sex in California.

Comment

The peppers never did it for me. Too much style and not enough substance.

(duck)

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
            The peppers never did it for me. Too much style and not enough substance.

(duck)
            Too much style eh? Listen to some of their pre-Blood Sugar Sex Magik albums, especially the ones produced by George Clinton. Some straight up raw funk.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I saw the Chilis along w/ the Foo Fighters a few years back and it was an outstanding show.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
                Don't forget songs about having sex in California.
                And songs likening California to having sex.

Comment

Gotta love the Chili Peppers. One of the best modern rock bands.
                  "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

The Peppers are rooters in southern california sunshine. I live in cold ass foggy san francisco. which kind of explains everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X