Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seahawks: This Is What Happens To A One Dimensional Team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks: This Is What Happens To A One Dimensional Team...

Playing against a great D in Chicago. An NFC championship caliber D. Don't be fooled with spreading the field and all the 3 and 4 WR sets. Without Alexander they're in trouble. And certainly the Bears were not fooled, and the Seahawks are a very good football team, and they were dismantled.

Deja Vu? I'm sure I've seen this game before, in fact I've seen it quite a few times. The bar is set IMO. Want to go to a SB? Then you have to be prepared to beat a D like Chicago on the road in Jan., and being one dimensional is asking for a royal ass kicking.
    Redskins Suck Ass

Chicago's D is great, but i'm still not sold on Grossman. I'm waiting for the clock to strike twelve on this injury prone overacheiver

Comment

Re: Seahawks: This Is What Happens To A One Dimensional Team

Originally posted by nc
      Playing against a great D in Chicago. An NFC championship caliber D. Don't be fooled with spreading the field and all the 3 and 4 WR sets. Without Alexander they're in trouble. And certainly the Bears were not fooled, and the Seahawks are a very good football team, and they were dismantled.

Deja Vu? I'm sure I've seen this game before, in fact I've seen it quite a few times. The bar is set IMO. Want to go to a SB? Then you have to be prepared to beat a D like Chicago on the road in Jan., and being one dimensional is asking for a royal ass kicking.
      said nc as he prepared to incur the wrath.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

A physical smashmouth team with a talented aggressive defense is just what I would want heading into the cold months. Chicago is no joke. You look at some of the games so far this season, and you really scratch your head.

We let the Giants beat us, but Seattle absolutely destroyed them....and got trashed by the Bears.

Our wins have come against Houston, who finally got their first win (barely). And against SF, whom I bleive lost by 41 yesterday to KC?

This team hasn't been tested yet. I have no idea who we are. The Dallas game might give us a clue, but is Dallas one of the elite teams of the NFC?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It is week 4 in the NFL...lets see where everyone is in december. then we can become worried about chicago

Comment

it also doesn't help when your receivers suck and your quarterback is overrated and your starting rb is not playing and your starting te is not back yet either

just sayin'
            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Seahawks really miss Jeremy Stevens

without that TE to keep defenses honest....the LBers can sneak up and absolutely stuff any HB pass or WR screen

I think with Westbrook and LJ we could attack the Bears pretty well.

what concerns me right now is our defense. It hasn't been that good against poor opponents

Comment

Let's see. An offense without the reigning NFL MVP goes into a hostile environment against a good defense and struggles. What a surprise.

Comment

I'm worried too dawk - in fact I think all of us are. But let's see how the D looks when Lito and Hood get back into the game.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

an NFL season is much to fluid to be worried about playoff opponents in week 4. things change, teams go cold, teams go hot, players get injured...to worry about the bears now is senseless and an unnecessary anxiety.

Comment

Let's not get too carried away w/ that Bears win. Remember the Patriots got bitch-slapped by the Steelers early in the 2004 season and despite everyone proclaiming the Steelers as the new gods of the NFL, the Pats went on to beat the Steelers when it counted and win another Super Bowl.

The Bears are good, but they're not 30 points better than Seattle. Let's get some perspective.

Comment

I agree with most of the sentiment here--- worry about the Bears is foolhardy this early in the year.

And if I remember right Seattle doesn't travel all that well, they don't have their starting TE, they don't have their starting RB, one WR(branch) is fairly new in the system -- many teams would go into that town and struggle. Add to that that I think Hasslebeck had a poor game and -- it's what you get.

I think NC's subtle point here is that he thinks the Eagles maybe are too one dimensional and and will suffer the same fate.

Comment

MD- Exactly. PLAYING IN A PLAYOFF GAME VS A GREAT DEFENCE IN A HOTILE TOWN IN JAN. It's not too premature: This is the goal. beating up on bad teams won't help you against the Bears style D. I'm not concerned about making the playoffs" I want a SB!!!! A very good and well balanced team in Seattle was emasculated last night. If yo cannot run your QB gets killed and harassed. They'll miss Alexander as much as we'd miss Westy. Against a bad D that 3-4 WR set may cause problems. Against the Bears the Hawks got hammered. I'm not concerned with ratio's per say, but just the ability to keep a great D off DM's ass.
                          Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Working...
                          X